Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
shagpot

Any Fix for the "Wake from Sleep" and "Random Reboot" issues?

Hi,

Got my K1 tablet a few days ago and the issues with random reboots and non-waking from sleep are really getting on my nerves.

When will lenovo issue an update to fix these problems? 

Punch Card
Danny_G

Re: Any Fix for the "Wake from Sleep" and "Random Reboot" issues?

I am with you man. I called tech support and they act as if they never heard of this problem! My biggest issue with the k1 is that is wont wake up from sleep mode and i have to restart it all the time. And this is on the 725 build. I need a fix fast or i will return it and buy a different tablet! I did a factory reset as advised by the lenovo tech support and that worked for two days now its back again!!
Fanfold Paper
kluepfel

I'm plagued with the same problems and my K1 came with an 801 build (K1_A301_02_03_110801_US). Very Frustrating!

Punch Card
Danny_G

Yes it is and it would be nice if lenovo would acknowledge this as a known defect! So they can work towards a resolution!
Punch Card
dyates9770

I'm dealing with lots of reboots as well... it would be nice to get a list of issues the product team is working on with dates targeted for the release.
Punch Card
Danny_G

I agree, that would be very helpful. Not sure if this will help but its worth a try... i installed a different launcher (adw) and so far for at least an entire day i have not had issues. This may be premature to say, but maybe the stock launcher is the problem??? With this launcher that i just started using...that k1 is running better as a whole! More responsive and etc., but i will say that when i wake it up from sleep the wifi is disconnected and i have to toggle it off and then back on. I will take that over it not waking up and having to reboot.
Punch Card
jasoneisert

I would like to add that I am also experiencing the sleep issue as well as the random reboots.

What's DOS?
planetstar

Oh no, I got same problem from first day I bought it, it happened on each time when i connect to a WIFI station (both in office and home), it started being innormal, like: when it woke up from sleep mode,even the screen looks like normal, but in fact the screen get no response with my finger touch, and keep reboot frequently all the time, it  is very annoying me, so I brought it back to the retailer, their staff just keep playing my pad for whole day without any idea of it, finally, they return it back to me today and with a Lenovo service center address...what the...

Punch Card
ankshah

I had a similar problem the first few runs however on the lighter side it does become very infrequent; nonetheless it shouldnt happen.

Punch Card
Danny_G

I want to say again...I have elinimated all wake from sleep issues by downloading a different launcher from the market and setting it as the default launcher.  It appears that Lenovo Launcher is just not stable.  My tablet really flies now and is running great!!!  As of right now, I only have one issue left and that is...when I set the wi-fi to disconnect when not plugged in while idle, when I wake it up, it does not reconnect on its own.  I have to disable wifi and enable it again.  But other than that, I am working great now.  I am confident that Lenovo will resolve these issues with a software update, but I am shocked that these things made it out of testing this way, but maybe Lenovo actually has all of these items as known issues and decided to push the tablet out anyway, in order to resolve them for the ThinkPad Tablet???  I guess we will see :smileyhappy: