Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Alexandra4JC
Accepted Solution

Calibrating Ideapad A1 so it's not so touch sensitive

Hey, I just got this Ideapad and when I initially set it up it never had me calibrate it. Would calibrating it make it so it's not so sensitive to my taps on the keypad? When I tap a letter it types it 2 or three times and then a couple of commas or whatever punctuation appears after hitting the finished word that it suggests. And then when I tap delete to delete the extra letters it deletes more than the two or three letters I wanted to erase.  So if recalibrating it will fix this can someone tell me how to do that? I saw a post about system recovery but I want to make sure that this won't erase everything I already have on it. Thanks!

Punch Card
rormeister

Re: Calibrating Ideapad A1 so it's not so touch sensitive

Great question Alexandra, I too suffer the same malady.  Even the launcher goes totally whacko and launches random apps when I ask for a specific app.  I did discover that hand holding the device while typing causes the double strike, yet when I brace it on the desk, it settles down.  I read in one of the forums about this...now I just have to find it.

Punch Card
rormeister

Well that was easy, found a reference on this forum from emorrison.  The sequence is this (but I haven't tested):

• With unit off, press the on/off button while holding the up volume button
  • Wait until it boots
  • using the down volume button scroll down to the calibrate screen
  • tap the on/off button to start the sequence
  • keep your fingers off the screen until it completes (about 15 seconds or so)

Your mileage may vary.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Alexandra4JC

Hey, thanks so much. I have it on the charger now but as soon as it's finished charging I will try that. I hope it doesn't reset all my preferences, though or get rid of anything. Hopefully it will just allow me to recalibrate.
Punch Card
rormeister

It didn't harm anything onboard.  After calibration it's about 80% better.  As a noob to tablets/androids, I think there is a bit of a learning curve.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Alexandra4JC

Hey thanks! I can't believe that I could actually type something in real fast and there were no errors. Thanks for all the help : )
Paper Tape
tjcumbie

I have a Lenovo ideatab A2109A.  It is a nice tablet but the touch screen is way too sensitive.  I read where you can calirate iton here but I have encountered a problem with the solution. Problem is there is no menu item titled "touch calibration" on the "Android System Recovery <3e>" screen list.  It wouid be an awesome tablet if I could just calibrate the screen.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank youfor your time.