Support in other languages: 
Core Memory
error404

Re: Cannot find K1 serial number

[ Edited ]

may be on the big label under the battery, but i don't remember. that might just be the label for the display.

jhr
Paper Tape
jhr

their is no stickers on my box and i will look under the battery tomorrow,

thanks to all who answered my post and i hope i can get it working because i miss having it to use

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 78
Kudos: 248
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

jhr,

I'm sorry for your situation and understand your how you feel, however, serial number is the only key to address a repair service. Serial number is a unique number for each machine, just like our passport number is unique to everyone of us. I hope I can give you a hand here.

I can find my K1 serial number at the bottom right of the back of K1.

There are Model Name, Mfg Date, S/N.....

Serial number is the S/N: xxxxxx

IMAG2160.jpg

Do you see this?

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Core Memory
error404

people need to read all the words...

"... Lenovo decided to place the serial number in only 1 place -  on a transparent sticker on the OUTSIDE of the Ideapad case.  Of course, the sticker came off during normal handling..." -jhr

the question is:

where ELSE can you get the serial number if the sticker on the K1 is GONE and the tablet will NOT power on.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 78
Kudos: 248
Solutions: 136

error404,

Thanks for your reminder. Yes i'm sorry I've missed that from the original post.

All the possible ways were already mentioned above, I currently have no other clue at all on how else we can find the serial number. *thinking* Let me check with my colleague if there is any other way...

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Core Memory
error404

[ Edited ]

Cleo is there any way to ask it via usb in fastboot mode? that is, if the K1 can make it to fastboot...

jhr
Paper Tape
jhr

[ Edited ]

my sticker came off and on the black box it came in does not have any info on it :smileysad:

also how do i try a fastboot?

its only 7 months old ,

Punch Card
Whitesnake

Serial number is available...

Goto..

Settings ->About Tablet ->Status

Serial number is there..

WWAN
mclandytm

Whitesnake wrote:

Serial number is available...

Goto..

Settings ->About Tablet ->Status

Serial number is there..

The problem the original poster was having was that his K1 would not power on, and the label had come off and been lost.  Because it wouldn't power on, he was trying to request warranty service, and had no way to get the serial number.