Content Delivery Service error message pops up in K1
Why is there an application content deliver service error that keeps popping up randomly while I'm using my IdeaPad K1? It happens especially when the WiFi internet is connected.
This is the error message:
The same message will pop up again a few minutes later even if I have hit the 'Force close' button.
This error may occur because the tablet is checking for application updates from the Lenovo app store. The app store is being sunset Sept 21, 2012 and the supporting servers are no longer available. There is a workaround to disable it from popping up again during the current session, however, it may occur again if the K1 is rebooted.
The steps provided below will lead you to do a force stop to the application via application settings.
To remove the content delivery service process to prevent future occurences after reboot
1) Tap Apps in the top right corner of home screen
2) Find settings icon and tap it
3) Find Applications and tap it
4) Tap "Manage applications"
5) Tap "All"
6) Find "Content Delivery Service" and tap it...
7) Tap "Force Stop", and then tap "Clear Data"
8) return to settings -> applications -> All and find "Social Touch" and tap "Uninstall" to remove this application
9) Press home icon at the bottom to return to home screen, then select apps again as you did in step (1) above, and then select file manager from the displayed apps.
10) Find the "com.mobihand.s" folder and press and hold until a pop up list of options appear. Select Delete.
11) Return to the home screen and scroll to left or right to find the app shop widget. Press and hold and then drag to the trash to remove.
12) Scroll left or right to find the messages widget... click the settings gear icon.
13) Deselect all the checked boxes.
Please note that the Lenovo App Shop will no longer be available after September 21, 2012. For more information on this, including recommendations and considerations for a sunset of previously provided apps, please refer to this article in Lenovo eSupport.