Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
smalcom

Re: Got A1 from CircuitCity - no SD card slot

leo125 wrote:

Dear Tinybeetle and Jsggrandma!

Thank you very much. Now the situation is absolutely clear for me. So 16GB intrinsic (actually 12 of them are available, but it does not matter) plus up to 32GB on the external card - it sounds not bad!

I hope my son will be glad  with such a present.

Be aware that the external SD card can only be used for music, photos, videos, etc. I have loaded wallpaper on the card, pdf files, things of that nature, but the external card does not expand memory as it might on a computer, you have 512MB memory and 16GB "hard drive" divided into 2MB and 14MB. If you exceed that, the external card won't help.

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
SCSI Port
krustybaguette

[ Edited ]

I've been wondering about that internal microSD card in my file manager as well. I have the K-1 and for the first few days I had no microSD card installed. Yet I was downloading and installing apps to my heart's content. I suspected that the listing for /mnt/sdcard was just like how linux calls a physical hard drive by a /dev/hd## type listing so it appears like a file. Same idea with the Ideapad.

Now that I've found the answer to THAT question without having to post a question here's the next one in line:

Can all those apps that I loaded into internal sdcard be moved to the external microSD card now that I have one installed?

I'm not so sure I need to since I have 32GB version of the K-1 but I'd like to know if it's possible.

krustybaguette

Oops! The above message answers my question but I didn't notice that there was a page 2 of this thread until AFTER I posted. Anyway, thanks to Tinybeetle and Jsggrandma and smalcom

Thinkpad X-60 (Linux Mint 13_Maya, running VBox WinXP and Win7

Ideapad K-1 Now running Jelly Bean (kudos to Khanning and krook
What's DOS?
gregmoff

The larger slot near the edge is for phone sim.

I only have slot for Micro sd which is fine, you can purchase an adapter to use in PC. When they say SD slot that is a general term for this.

Seeing that i`ve upgraded my Micro SD slot with a 32g card is there a way of seeing what is on the card from the tablet screen.

thanks

What's DOS?
xavier0088

[ Edited ]

Until right now the 3G version of A1 still not released in China,

Although there arlready leak some pics of this 3G version which has a specical slot for cell phone SIM card,

But seems Lenovo has turn the focus on K serise pad.

Token Ring
smalcom

Leo,

The external microSD card cannot be used for storage of apps, or for the Android OS to access other than as storage for data.. It is only available for the storage of music, movies, books, etc. When you look for it, it is filed as mnt/sdcard/removable_sdcard. When you move an app to sdcard, it moves from the 2GB partition to the 12GB partition. In order to use the external card as a true Android available space, you need to root the device. I have not done this, do not plan on it, so I can't help you there.

If I was your son, I would be very happy to receive the A1.

Steve

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS