Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
xwray
Accepted Solution

Has anyone deleted the Lenovo Store app on an A1?

[ Edited ]

I have no desire to use the Lenovo app store and I would like to delete the app which isn't a problem given that I have root access and the appropriate tool for deleting the app.

My only concern is what will happen to the toolbar on the bottom of the launch page since it includes a shortcut for launching the Lenovo Store app...does that shortcut just "disappear" , is it replaced with a different shortcut, is the shortcut permanently stuck on the toolbar as a dead shortcut, or is the shortcut just replaced with a blank area, or what?

Hopefully someone has already done this and can provide some feedback which would be appreciated.

thanks

*Smith & Wesson...the original point and click interface*
802.11n
ScooterCat

Re: Has anyone deleted the Lenovo Store app on an A1?

The shortcut will stay but be non-functional.  I switched  to ADW Launcher so no biggie for me.

Punch Card
xwray

Thanks...does the toolbar (and thus the shortcut) remain if you switch to a different launcher or will the new launcher now control the entire screen including the toolbar area? Or, is the toolbar a permanent fixture no matter what you do?

*Smith & Wesson...the original point and click interface*
Token Ring
smalcom

xwray wrote:

Thanks...does the toolbar (and thus the shortcut) remain if you switch to a different launcher or will the new launcher now control the entire screen including the toolbar area? Or, is the toolbar a permanent fixture no matter what you do?

I use the GO Launcher and the GO Locker. The toolbar becomes totally user definable. You can put anything at the bottom that you want. Very easy to use, and fairly intuitive. I have not found a way to get rid of the Lenovo App Shop. Pity.
BTW Go Launcher and Locker are free. You might also want to check out the GO Keyboard. Yes I know we have that, but it is customized for Lenovo, I like the standard GO Keyboard much better.

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
802.11n
ScooterCat

xwray wrote:

The new launcher takes over the whole screen (the stock toolbar is part of the stock launcher).  Repacement launchers are much more customizable.