Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
jsgrandma
Accepted Solution

Help a non-techie A1

I have searched the forum but have to admit I don't understand much of what is posted. How to put my DVD's on my A1 is such a topic. I put a video I took on my iPod by emailing it and saving. I would like to know how to transfer a dvd to my a1 to play. I have an imac running Lion. Tried to follow directions on here to convert using Smart Converter but it wouldn't even let me drag and drop the DVD. Can someone make it simple for me? Do I need to convert? Can I import into iTunes and then transfer?

SCSI Port
jsgrandma

Re: Help a non-techie A1

Can you covert dvd's you own and put on the a1? I have tried two converters and one wouldn't drag and drop and the other said couldn't convert.

Token Ring
smalcom

I use a (Windows) program called Freemake Video Converter. It is free, and will convert just about anything to anything. I have converted DVDs (The Harry Potter Movies) to MP4, and loaded it onto my A1. You can load it using USB connect, or put your microSD into your computer and copy that way. Just checked - there is no MAC version, yet. They do plan to create one.

Here is the link to all of their downloads (including an audio download:

http://www.freemake.com/downloads/

Message me if I can help.

Steve

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
Punch Card
fKing

do some googling, look for handbrake.
anything you can convert, make it an mp4. i have converted files in quicktime for iTunes, then dragged them onto the A1 (in usb drive mode).
am on a mac, running lion.
SCSI Port
jsgrandma

Couldn't get the guicktime to convert any thing although the help menu says it can but the export option is not available. Tried handbrake and couldn't figure it out. I quess I will just forget it unless I can get someone to show me in person. Thanks tho

Punch Card
fKing

try googling handbrake, there should be some simple instructions...somewhere. you select the dvd, choose encode (or convert, am not at home to check!) and you can make an mp4...

good luck!
SCSI Port
jsgrandma

fKing, thanks so much for your help!!! I was able to convert a DVD..."War of the Worlds" and drag and drop it to the A1. It played perfectly when I clicked on the Watch widget on my sd card (internal). My grandson is going to be so excited when he finds out I have his favorite Drake and Josh DVD on my A1. Thanks again

SCSI Port
jsgrandma

Now I need to find a microsd card to use. What class will work? They have a cheap one on Amazon that is class 2.
Token Ring
fred_yu_job

[ Edited ]

it sounds the class number doesn't matter to A1; but the higher the faster.

SCSI Port
jsgrandma

Thanks, they have a 16gb. class 10 with adapter for $19. I just want it to put movies on.