Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
asniex

I cannot install ICS update(All the available updates @ Lenovo)

Hey guys I was using CM7 for a while , then i had frequent reboot problem with the CM7 ROM. Then i tried installing the ICS update version A107I0_A404_001_014_0116_US.zip
that was available at http://download.lenovo.com/slates/a1/ICS_OTA/ 

I couldnt install it after 75% of the installation i get a warning sign and the installation is aborted and i am taken to the recovery screen where the below options are available

Reboo now

Wipe data

Factory reset
Touch calibration.

I used the below method suggested at xda dev. Remove CWM > Flash stock recovery > Install ICS update > Flash CWM again > Wipe/Factory reset > Reboot.

But i cannot install the update as stated above. I am stuck at ICS update. Since the install failed i just see the Android boot logo after rebooting . What did i do wrong and why am i unable to install ICS update ?

I used different updates of CM7 ROMs , i get frequent reboots after a while. Please Help me out . I taut this update would fix all the pre-existing problem.

Punch Card
dawkon13

Re: I cannot install ICS update(All the available updates @ Lenovo)

Have you 2GB version?
Paper Tape
asniex

16gb version but i am installing from a 2gb microSD card

Paper Tape
asniex

I am running the stock rom now but please help me with installing the ICS update :smileyvery-happy:

Paper Tape
asniex

Please someone help me

[ Edited ]

Please sumone from the support team help me . I am stuck at this stock rom which sucks and i need the ICS very badly for using skype and other apps without getting my tab rebooting frequently :smileysad:

Edit : I tried installing ICS OTA from CWM i get this error :

11.fuse system.img

assert failed: run_program("/tmp/fuse" , "System" , "/tmp/system.zip")

E:Error in /emmc/update.zip

(status 7)

Punch Card
amjl2000

Re: Please someone help me

you wont get any official help here, ICS for the A1 is not official, as it's for the A1107... do a google search for A1 ICS and xda, there's a few hundred pages to trawl through there! :smileyhappy:
(also for an ICS update, you first need ICS, which you haven't yet got, you need an ICSV1.2 first :smileywink: )
Paper Tape
asniex

i installed ICS 1.2 like you said and it is fully working and i tired installing the update but i am not sure whether i got it to install the update when i click install now it reboots and goes in to the update android logo after few minutes the logo disappears and the tablet is switched off :smileysad:

I tried to Install CWM by putting in the internal sd card as update.zip and booted into recovery and still i get the same anrdoid logo and now CWM install . I am unable to root the tab using Superoneclick . Rooter zip doesnt work get the same prob as the above :smileysad:

Please help me out guys :smileyvery-happy:

Paper Tape
lncs

[ Edited ]

Look at this link  IdeaPad A1 + ICS and probably you get your question answered...

bye bye

lncs

Paper Tape
acsys

Hello there I´m having some problems to get ICS on my IdeaPad A1, when i´m Installing part2.zip send me and error; assert failed: run_program("/temp/fuse","system","/tmp/system.zip") E:Error in /sdcard/part2.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.

Can soem one help me with this issue, I´ll appreciate all information.

Best Regards, Alex Ruíz
802.11n
beetle

You need to precisely follow the instructions found here. http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Slate-Tablets-Knowledge/A1-and-A1107-Unbrick-fix-full-factory-re...9

If you do not boot into ClockworkMod Recovery while holding power and Vol +-, then your microSD did not boot. Don't attempt the upgrade until you can boot into CWM.

If you are experiencing an error in any of the steps, try recreating your bootable microSD card. If that still doesn't work, try a new (different manufacturer) microSD card.

Once you succeed, your microSD will need to be repartitioned. You can use something like SD Formatter to get the full size of your microSD card back.