Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Vinlander

Ice Cream Sandwich for Ideapad K1

Is it possible to have some answers on wether or not we'll be able to see ICS on the Ideapad K1?

I keep looking on the internet and still no answer to this question. At least you could give us an answer regarding the updates on this tablet. I don't think I am the only one waiting for ICS for the Ideapad K1 or the other Lenovo tablet products.

802.11n
sinanju

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich for Ideapad K1

[ Edited ]

This is a peer support site.  While Lenovo employees are present here, it's unlikely they'd have an answer that hadn't been announced elsewhere first.

Having said that, it's never a good idea to buy electronics based on what it might become rather than what it is, even if a vendor has announced plans -- that path almost inevitably leads to disappointment.  Learn to like Honeycomb.  If ICS comes along, great... but don't plan on it.

Punch Card
Vinlander

I learned to like honeycomb, but the fact remains that this tablet is still in store and some other tablets with the TEGRA 2 processors will, or already, have ICS. Why is it that we should have to wait for this upgrade or even live with the fact that this will never happen?

Why not give the most accomplished version of Android for a tablet that is sold in every Best Buy and Future Shop? The fact remain that the adoption of ICS is way too slow for every company (Samsung and so on) and frankly that would be nice to have some news about this. This might prove important for security and compatibility with the latest apps.

Here is a link with what I think is the biggest problem for the Android market now. (It is in french)

http://www.igeneration.fr/0-apple/android-4-les-constructeurs-se-moquent-du-monde-72512

802.11n
sinanju

Perhaps I was unclear:

1. This is the wrong place to get the info you want or make these particular desires known. You're talking to other customers, almost all of whom are looking for advice with technical issues... from other customers.
  2. If you wanted an ICS tablet, you should have bought a tablet with ICS.

Punch Card
Vinlander

[ Edited ]

1. Well, it is kind of hard to find a place where they actually talk about Lenovo tablets. So I thought; "Hey, that's a Lenovo forum so maybe I'll have some answers there and no pri** will look at me miserable piece of sh** and ask me to go somewhere else!" Perhaps I was wrong.

2.I bought this one in september so there was no tablet with ICS then.  If I wanted an ICS I would have bought one... Sure thing. Hand me your credit card, puuulease! At least the K1 is affordable and I like Lenovo products. I won't buy another tablet for a software update. That is not an Apple product we're talking about.

Now I heard you loud and clear.

kk thx bye.

Fanfold Paper
cvan911

Geez sinanju, why don't you get off your high-horse and just tell him that we don't know when or if ICS is going to be released for this product instead of being a jerk.  Remember, this is a customer forum; you don't have to flamebait everyone for asking questions you don't approve of.

Paper Tape
cOppErHeaDacHe

i think it is a harmless question. if this is a community of peers helping peers we should all be in support of each other's inquisitiveness regarding getting an update that could make life a lot more enjoyable (provided that ICS in fact DOES correct on the aggravating quirks of Honeycomb)
Paper Tape
chani

Not sure what sinanju's problem is...I think it's a valid question as many K1 users are probably wondering the same thing. While I couldn't find anything that tells us one way or another, I did find this tidbit interesting. According to Engadget, Lenovo has plans to update their S-series tablets (sold in China only) to ICS in the future:

"Powered by a 1.5GHz Qualcomm dual-core chip, the new S2007 and S2010 tablets will offer a 1,280×800 IPS display and include 1GB of RAM, according to Endgaget (English translation). Though both tablets will initially come with Android Honeycomb 3.2, Lenovo plans to offer upgrades to Ice Cream Sandwich down the road."

The link to the full article is here:

http://plusgadget.com/lenovo-unveils-three-new-android-tablets-5-7-and-10-inchers/

Assuming that's true, then there may be hope of an ICS upgrade for the K1. Also, the Lepad K2 is already in production and it will have ICS, so that's another sign that the K1 may get the upgrade by the time the K2 comes to market. Afterall, I don't see any reason why Lenovo would not want to update the K1 if they are going to have ICS on their other tablets. Of course, these are all conjectures on my part. Only the folks at Lenovo know the real answer.

SCSI Port
krustybaguette

Yes it's a harmless question. And sinanju answered the question appropriately in the second post in this thread. Noone knows the answer about if or when K-1 will receive ICS. If sinanju seemed a little harsh in his second reply to the same question, maybe the fault lies with the original poster, and others, not reading the first reply!

Thinkpad X-60 (Linux Mint 13_Maya, running VBox WinXP and Win7

Ideapad K-1 Now running Jelly Bean (kudos to Khanning and krook
What's DOS?
coolgeek

Lenovo , where is ice cream sandwich update for lenovo idepad k1. If Lenovo wants to stay in tablet race it has to treet its customers well. Provide good support and you will get good reviews, otherwise you can stop developing any new tablet products now and mitigate your losses. I hope someone from lenovo reads this. Ice cream sandwich for ideapad K1 is must have.