Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
anonymouse99

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich for Ideapad K1

[ Edited ]

Greetings! I found this link relating to Lenovo K1 (ICS) Ice Cream Sandwich update plans ... not exactly precise, but there is hope. Good luck!

http://blogs.computerworld.com/19413/ice_cream_sandwich_lenovo_thinkpad_tablet

Punch Card
Vinlander

[ Edited ]

Looks like the only way we will have an answer to this is the day we will update our tablets and by some kind of magic ICS will be installed.

Token Ring
Burger

alot of k1 owners will get extra pissed if they dont k1 an ics update. Alot of tablet same speced as the k1 has officially have ics update in the pipeline
Fanfold Paper
The_Law

But I'm confused because the article states that the K1 will pass over 3.2, but isn't the latest K1 update to 3.2?  I don't have my tablet with me but I swear it runs 3.2 from an official update.

SCSI Port
fredsmith219

The article is about the Thinkpad tablet, not the Ideapad K1, hence the confusion. 

Fanfold Paper
skywalker28

Yes, the K1 is running on 3.2.  Got mine updated to 3.2.1.  Of course, waiting for 4.0  :smileyhappy:

Fanfold Paper
prodikey

100% agreed with coolgeek. 

Today world is not about how good is your device are but is the customer service that make the comp[any success in the industry. A good example: Samsung. 

NO doubts Lenovo K1 no given me any major issue running on 3.2 but as customer I would like to see a upgrade to ICS. 

Thanks 

Punch Card
teknotrance

Asus already got their ics. Its like updating to ics is a priority for them. But for k1, its like "depends on the mood" whether they want to upgrade or not.
Punch Card
ankshah

i demand an ics i have it on my galxy nexus and love it. Lenovo please make this a strong priority.
Paper Tape
RDHG

ICS for the K1? I think it’s a valid question. If Lenovo doesn't support their products by keeping them relatively up-to-date, then my future purchases will only go to manufacturers who show this kind of support for their customers. I know this will be the last Lenovo product I purchase if they don't update it. I'm looking to buy a Windows 8 tablet later this year. If it's a Lenovo tablet remains to be seen.