Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
megarouge

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich for Ideapad K1

This was just posted on PC World:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248946/lenovo_to_upgrade_thinkpad_tablet_to_android_40_in_q2.html

The article does mention that Lenovo plans on updating the Ideapad to ICS as well.

Punch Card
improvius

Let's hope they follow through. I just picked up a 2nd K1 from Staples. They're on clearance for $265, plus there's a $50 coupon you can use.
802.11n
sinanju

"Lenovo in the past has said that upgrades to Android 4.0 would be delivered over the air to its ThinkPad and IdeaPad tablets, but had not provided specific guidance on dates."

Sounds like the result of about 5 levels of Chinese Whispers.

Punch Card
thomslik

It sure would be nice to see somethng official from Lenovo, but that's probably asking too much! It seems they are taking lessons from Asus,and prefer to leave us in the dark. Heck, they wont even list the revision changes for their upgrades to the current operating system, so we will know what to expect. Even Asus does that.

And whatever you do, don't try to buy an optional USB host cable, which is shown in the manual. They think you are from outer space or somethng! Don't even attempt talking to support.

Am I the only one getting a little tired of  this treatment?

Token Ring
Ssayer

No...

Punch Card
Ratheon

No!
Token Ring
Burger

[ Edited ]
i am cynical. In my view lenoovo is saying that there is ics for thinkpad to create an illusion that they are supporting their products in par with their competition. Maybe trying to sucker peopl into buying their s2 and k2 when will be releasing soon.
I wont believe that there is ics update unless it there
Punch Card
Cybie257

Just came across this. Apparently Lenovo has added the K1 to the update for May!

http://www.thinkdigit.com/Tablets/Lenovo-IdeaPad-ThinkPad-tablets-to-get-ICS_8625.html

-Cybie
802.11n
ricochet_k1

Cybie,
Thanks for the post. I've been saying all along that the k1 will get ICS.
Thanks,
Ricochet
The K1_Was Just A Broken Promise Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
buffdaddy

I read on Engadget that the Lenovo Thinkpad slates were supposedly getting ICS in Q2 of this year. I'm only speculating, but I would think the K1 may get ICS around that time as well. It has nearly the same specs as the Thinkpad so it makes sense to update both lines at the same time.

So basically anytime between January 1, 2012  to March 31, 2012. It's nearly February so within the next 2 months?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/30/lenovo-thinkpad-tablet-ice-cream-sandwich-update-coming-in-q2/