Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
buffdaddy

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich for Ideapad K1

Also keep in mind very few Honeycomb tablets have been upgraded to ICS so far, so we Ideapad/ K1 owners are pretty much stuck like everyone else.

Paper Tape
webdevguy

So they have yet to get HC to work right on this tablet and now you want ICS? Seems to me that even if the do release ICS for this it will probably be even more flaky the HC on this tablet. I mean I've used other tablets running HC that dont crash or reboot randomly. Seems to me that they are putting the cart before the horse.
Punch Card
Cybie257

"

I read on Engadget that the Lenovo Thinkpad slates were supposedly getting ICS in Q2 of this year. I'm only speculating, but I would think the K1 may get ICS around that time as well. It has nearly the same specs as the Thinkpad so it makes sense to update both lines at the same time.

So basically anytime between January 1, 2012  to March 31, 2012. It's nearly February so within the next 2 months?"

Q2 is anywhere from April to June, so not likely until after April 1st.

Based on the link I provided in an earlier post and below, it is expected to hit the ThinkPad and IdeaPad K1 in May.

http://www.thinkdigit.com/Tablets/Lenovo-IdeaPad-ThinkPad-tablets-to-get-ICS_8625.html

-Cybie

Punch Card
Cybie257

So they have yet to get HC to work right on this tablet and now you want ICS? Seems to me that even if the do release ICS for this it will probably be even more flaky the HC on this tablet. I mean I've used other tablets running HC that dont crash or reboot randomly. Seems to me that they are putting the cart before the horse.

HC was designed for tablets only. ICS is both. ICS is TRUE OpenSource. The support will by far, be much better, whether from the companies themselves, or from 'the community developers1'.

Personally, I would like to see ICS on this device as the device itself is great. I got it just before Xmas on sale for $279. A 10.1" Tablet, with the google market (I know it's slightly off from being full, but still Google), Tegra 2, and decent name behind it, is/was unheard of anywhere below $389 on sale. So, I am very happy with the device, just not HC. It's quirky and I think the ICS will fix a lot of the issues.

On top of that, it will be nice not to have think about the idea of buying a new tablet anytime soon to experience ICS. For me, any company that would just flat our say "NO" to ICS on their devices less than 1 year old, will likely get no further business from me in the future. Android is what it is and when it changes for the better, companies need to get on board with taking care of their current customers if they want to retain them as future customers. Now, on a device that is a few years old, I can see them leaving it on the back porch. But when they are still selling in stores, it's a live product that should be updated when possible. That's good product support and good reason to count on a company, giving you the confidence you won't be left in the dark with their products when something good comes along that would make them better....

-Cybie

Punch Card
callback79

I just want to know the meaning of this: Upgrade to Android 4.0 available

http://shop.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/tablets/

Is it really available, or just a plan ?

Punch Card
jeeab

must just be a plan. I know that with my droid razr, it says pretty much the same thing online and I have to wait for ics

SCSI Port
st_albert

jeeab wrote:

must just be a plan. I know that with my droid razr, it says pretty much the same thing online and I have to wait for ics

However, at a minimum I think any reasonable person would interpret the statement as a commitment from Lenovo to provide an upgrade path to ICS for the K1 at some point in the (near?) future.  We shall see.

Punch Card
callback79

I'd say it's the kind of statement to put on your own website once available and not before.

OK, I was thinking I was just missing how to update the tablet to ICS.

Punch Card
vigor3

Looks like no ICS.  They took it iff the website now..... sucks

Token Ring
Burger

[ Edited ]

**bleep**...  lenovo k1 is really the worst tablet for its price.  geezuz .. they really dont pity us.

I hope someone would pity us k1 owners and release a ICS custom Rom... This really leave a foul taste in my  mouth.