Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
walter1313

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich for Ideapad K1

Seems to me that there is a whiff of "class action lawsuit" in the air if Lenovo does not deliver.  They released the information to the press AND, at least for some time, included the information on the product page of their website - NOT a vendor website, mind you.

It has already been stated by some that it was the specific reason they chose the K1 over other tablets.

To me, the worst part of the situation is that Lenovo will not confirm or deny the situation when just about every other manufacturer has done so for their products.  Even if their answer is truly "no," there will be many upset customers (and perhaps a lawsuit, or two), but it would at least allow for people to move on and either live with what they have, load a custom rom, or dump the piece of ...

I am not on facebook, but has anyone that is on facebook tried inundating their page with complaints so that others contemplating a Lenovo purchase is aware of this debacle?

Paper Tape
bryansworld

if they told you that them i'm a little upset. they don't seem to be giving us any straight answers it seems :smileysad:

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

[ Edited ]

Sure. See attached.

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Token Ring
Burger

Still no news from-mark why the website was taken out?
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,337
Solutions: 288

Bryan,

Not ignoring you guys - just don't have the official answer yet.

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
callback79

Mark_Lenovo wrote:

Bryan,

Not ignoring you guys - just don't have the official answer yet.

Thanks

Mark

Mark,

I'm sure a lot of frustration comes from the silence of Lenovo about major problems. I think that people here prefer your last post rather than another day without any update. Not having an official answer is an update. A poor one but it's better than nothing.

Now, please tell your boss at the next meeting that people have bought the K1 after they read on LENOVO'S WEBSITE that ICS was AVAILABLE ! I'm one of them, it is very frustrating ! I know that you know it, but I hope people will not stop to express their opinions until this issue will be resolved. Lenovo has to resolved this issue.

To be honnest, I think the K1 will start to be the biggest fail of tablet's history if Lenovo do nothing, not because of the K1 itself but because of Lenovo letting their customers without necessary parts (Power adapter, USB host...) and their lies (ICS was NOT available and the source code Lenovo has provided is non-functionnal even if you flag the Source Code Thread as SOLVED. It is NOT true). For sure it will have an impact on other Lenovo's product.

Please keep us informed  more often about major problems we are facing. Almost 3 weeks without being informed about these big issues is not an acceptable option.

Thank you.

Punch Card
Ratheon

Regardless of ICS, this tablet has issues and we have not seen Lenovo even try and resolve the current issues. You realize that if you abandon the K1, the fallout for your next tablets will be extreme. You will be known as the Samsung of tablets.

Please try and resolve our issues, if we are not receiving support because of ICS developement let us know. Your lack of support and customer service is sad.

JaneL

Removed message from public view as it was attacking Mark personally. Keep it civil and reasonable.

Punch Card
walter1313

I have actually found Samsung support/service to be superior to Lenovo's.  I have iPads for my business, and a Galaxy Tab Plus and K1 for personal use.

I know Samsung upset a lot of customers when they stated the older tabs are not getting ICS because of hardware (512MB ram, single core, etc) limitations that can't handle ICS along with their skin - BUT AT LEAST THEY STATED SO.  At least you are an informed consumer and can make your decisions appropriately.  At least with Samsung, it's their older products and you can kind of see their point as ICS was still being worked on.  With the K1, it is fully capable to run them (shown by the fact tabs with same/similar specs will be getting ICS, or already have them), and was issued when ICS was already a "go."   I don't expect any upgrade to Jelly Bean (Android 5) as that is still being developed and won't be fully baked until later this year, but I believe ICS is a reasonable expectation (and  I'm sure other companies with superior support WILL give Jelly Bean to their customers - even for discontinued products, as long as they are hardware capable).

People complained about the proprietary connector and the lack of a USB host cable at first - BUT THEY HAVE ONE NOW AND IT'S BEEN OUT FOR MONTHS.

With Samsung, you know which tabs/phones are getting ICS, and which are not.  With Lenovo, you know NOTHING because first they say "yes," then they say "no,"  then they say NOTHING when their customers ask "wha?"

Punch Card
walter1313

I don't know Mark, and have never dealt with him, but I would like to say that "Mark Bashing." does nothing except to discourage someone (and the only one) who is at least TRYING to get answers/solutions.

If you want to blame someone, blame the ones who rightfully should be explaining the situaiton - the corporate management.