Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
tburkett

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich for Ideapad K1

[ Edited ]

Yes, since Christmas I bought 2 tablets (K1 and A1). Any time that I had to deal with anyone from Lenovo, it was a headache and confusion.

Making orders for tablets is easy, but dealing with anything related to accessories or tech support became difficult fast. Like most companies these days, IMO customer service is a dying breed.

My employer has dozens of Lenovo laptops, but I simply won't recommend any further Lenovo purchases due to the issues I have been seeing with the tablets. 

Punch Card
Calitruman

My bf has an Asus Transformer, which gave him the ICS update a few days ago.   It's very nice and stable, unlike my K1, which must be manually shutdown and restarted up to five times a day.    Can't say I'll be buying any more Lenovo products again, nor would I recommend their products to anyone.

What's DOS?
LDGXXX

Bought the K1 last week on the basis that it could UG to 4.0 as stated on their website.
Now that statement has been removed. I contacted tech support. First they said they
didnt have that kind of info and maybe I should contact Google (strange). I insisted he
do better than that so he finaly checked with someone and returned to say that no
update to 4.0 is planed.
I feel misled and I will be returning the K1.
Paper Tape
jbarnes1960

I just did a chat with support. They said ICS will not be released for the K1
Punch Card
callback79

Hey Mark, hope you did not forget us !

We are still waiting your feedback !
Token Ring
Burger

Same here waiing nwes if there a ics r no-ics update
Punch Card
walter1313

I have been using iPads (10) for my enterprise solutions, and have been looking to Android units to either supplement or replace them as they are the original versions.  In December, I picked up a K1 for my daughter because the price was right and she really does not have too much use for a tab other than to play games.  It has been an OK device for her.

I was SERIOUSLY looking at the Thinkpad tabs as the replacements for my iPads, but the serious lack of support and communication with their K1 has led me to the conclusion that Thinkpads would be an unwise purchase.

I'm sorry Lenovo, but your support of your consumer goods leaves too many questions about commitment to your products, and I cannot risk the potential problems involved with such lack of commitment.  You have lost the sale of at least 15 Thinkpad tabs, and I have been recommending against Lenovo products to my business colleagues as well.

The current Lenovo is a far cry from the customer centric business that IBM operated.

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

I think we won't know until June 1st whether or not Lenovo is going to stick to their word and deliver ICS. Most reports say Lenovo is/was planning to release 4.0 on ThinkPad and IdeaPad 10-inch tablets sometime in May. Of course, Lenovo doesn't really have a good history as far as keeping their word goes, do they?

We shall see. For myself, I don't believe this tablet will see official ICS. My guess is CyanogenMod 9 will be our next best bet--IF Lenovo can pull their act together, become compliant with the GPL and actually release the full source code for the K1 instead of a botched partial release that doesn't even boot. Not to mention the open-source bootloader used on the K1.

Paper Tape
koukouvaya

I, too, am another dude on here that does not think we will see ICS for the K1. Very unfortunate. I called support tonight for an unrelated issue and noticed some wishy-washy behaviour from the CSR before I was told they knew nothing about the ICS release, if any, for the K1. My purchase was a direct result in reading, on their website, that this update would become available for the K1. It will be going back to Best Buy. I also purchased the W520 Thinkpad for my office. That one cannot go back, but you can bet that there will be no future purchases from my or my company of any item made by Lenovo or the group of companies associated with them. A statement from Lenovo either way would have been the decent approach - but I guess I have a better chance of getting a period than getting some decency from them these days. What the hell happened to this company? They used to be on the ball!

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

IBM doesn't own Lenovo anymore, that's what happened.