Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
duyt78lv
Accepted Solution

IdeaPad A1 error! android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again

my A1 tablet works for 12hrs and start sending error repeatedly.

The error message said: the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again. 

every time the message pop out, I click on the "Force close" button, it goes away for a few second and pop back up again.

It is very anoying and it happens during running any other Apps.

After doing some research online, I found that people are experience similar error with other tablet too.

After trying turning off live wallpaper, clearing cache, clearing SD card, reboot... nothing works.

I am giving up, and hoping that I can get a solution from here.

The pad is going back soon if I don't get a solution in a day or 2.  Just too much headeach.

Thanks for reading the post.

Punch Card
DGrissom

Re: IdeaPad A1 error! android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again

I've had this happen twice on my unit. The first time, after a crash, while watching a youtube video. The 2nd occurred while charging overnight. My first fix was a factory reset. The 2nd was to turn off network, stop processes and clear caches relating to gmail, contacts, and google frameworks. (There was a good link on the internet.) I restarted the A1 and all was fixed.
Punch Card
DGrissom

Re: IdeaPad A1 error! android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. please try again

Token Ring
tinybeetle

I had this happen. Clearing my contacts and letting them re-import fixed it for me.

What's DOS?
DJTexas7

Here is an answer  that worked for me- from

http://freedune.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/non-lethal-solution-for-android-process-acore-crash/

The problem was occurring due to contact syncing conflicts, the solution also lay in contact management rather than identity management.  I took the following steps:
  1. Go offline
  2. Go to Settings > Applications > All > Google Services Framework, hit Force Stop
  3. Go back a level, go to Gmail, hit Force Stop and Clear Data
  4. Go back a level, go to Contacts, hit Force Stop and Clear Data
  5. Go back a level, go to Contacts Storage, hit Force Stop and Clear Data
  6. Repeat steps 2, 4 and 5 for good measure
  7. Reboot, just to be safe

After rebooting and going online, I restarted Gmail, and it started downloading my mail again.  I have stopped getting the android.process.acore error now, and still have all my applications.

What's DOS?
Andrew5181

But i can't even acess my contacts!!!! :smileysad:

What's DOS?
jolokud

Thank you so much for your advice. I started to panic.
Paper Tape
lousk

Thank you... it worked!!!

Paper Tape
justmenan

I just fixed this on the phone with Lenovo Support!  

She said it is an Android bug in the version of software Lenovo (and many others) use and has to do with Sync.  Many fixes online talk about it being a Facebook contacts or Google contacts problem.

The fix is to go to Settings/applications/manage/all tab  then find both contacts applications.  One is contacts and the other is contacts storage.  Possibly related to SD use.  I have one.

Click on each in turn and clear data.  Worked like magic in my case.

She says the permanent fix is in the works but in the meantime do this any time the error starts to show up again.  In my case it was so frequent as to stop me from using the tablet.  

What's DOS?
destevenson

it worked for me too, but now I can't get my contacts to sync so I have no contacts. Any suggestions? Any word on when the bug will be fixed?