Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
tinybeetle

IdeaPad A1 will not move apps to SD

I just got off the phone with tech support. They duplicated the problem I'm having. I cannot move any application to SD. I get the error message "failed to move application there is not enough storage left".

I reformatted the SD using the device's menu. No luck. I reset to factory, still no luck.

I suspect this is a factory bug in their implementation of Android 2.3.4 and how they've formatted the internal SD card. I don't have an external SD to insert into the device to test if perhaps they've made a mistake and are trying to move apps there. 

Token Ring
tinybeetle

Re: IdeaPad A1 will not move apps to SD

I put a micro SD into the slot on the bottom and found that apps will move once that is done. I guess the move apps moves them to the EXTERNAL SD. Um, there is 13gb of free space internally? Why wouldn't I want to use that? Fix this please.

What's DOS?
computerguy111

I have the same problem with my A1.

I hope the Lenovo techs are listening!

Token Ring
tinybeetle

Open a trouble ticket or case with them on their support line. The more people that do it, the better chances of fixes happening. Squeaky wheels and all that.

Serial Port
Jaysus

same problem here too.... good times.

Punch Card
Max1001001

I think the A1 might have a quality control problem. Some of them seem to work good & others don't. Mine works fine.

I have been able to move files back & forth between the A1 & my laptop running Windows 7 & my desktop running XP. My only complaint would be the sound.

The speaker sounds terrible & isn't very loud. Plus it is mono. If I plug in a pair of headphones I get good stereophonic sound. It also sounds good plugged into my stereo receiver.

Max

Token Ring
fred_yu_job

[ Edited ]

The function "Move to SD" doesn't mean the internal SD.
you have to have external micro SD, and the function will do the moving onto the external micro SD.

Later you may want to rearrange the size between the "kernal storage" and the internal SD; as I know, there are some custom ROMs for this ready to be used.

Token Ring
smalcom

There is no way to move apps to the external SD card without rooting the A1. This is an Android restriction, not a Lenovo decision. The external SD card can be used for backup, music, videos, books, etc. You can only move apps to the internal SD card.

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
Token Ring
tinybeetle

But, the A1 will ONLY move apps to the internal SD if an external SD is present. Otherwise if gives an error message. So, back to my initial assertion, it is a bug in Lenovo's implementation of Android.

Token Ring
smalcom

tinybeetle wrote:

But, the A1 will ONLY move apps to the internal SD if an external SD is present. Otherwise if gives an error message. So, back to my initial assertion, it is a bug in Lenovo's implementation of Android.

Hadn't noticed. What's worse, if you remove the external SD, some apps will report as a stub with a grey SD card as an icon. Not sure how other tablets worked,

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS