Support in other languages: 
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,308
Solutions: 283

IdeaPad K1 slate unboxed!

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,235
Solutions: 1,324

Re: IdeaPad K1 slate unboxed!

[ Edited ]

we have a box here.... i see Lenovo did put lot of efforts in designing the packaging for the system. And i dare say that Lenovo did took some lessons from Apple on how to package everything in the box, and how manual must be correctly oriented in relation to the user when the box is opened (which they learnt from the Japanese market). 

I like the red colour....

Also, it seems the K1 tablet is designed to be used in the keyboard docking station from the positioning of the integrated camera. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Mark_Lenovo

Actually, 

I got to see one in the lab with all the packaging yesterday.   Personally,  I've never paid that much attention to packaging as I'm more interested in getting to the product and for me, the packaging only needs to do a good job of keeping the product protected until it is safely in my hands.

However, I think we did a good job of designing some thematic packaging that is color keyed and includes prominent numbered identification to help first time users go through things step by step.   I think it makes a difference in out of the box presentation and am glad to see we put thought into it.

For those that purchased a K1, what did you think when you unboxed it?   What did you like?  What would you change?

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

jwr
Paper Tape
jwr

>> For those that purchased a K1, what did you think when you unboxed it? What did you like? What would you change? Very well protected in the packaging. The first think i noticed when I removed it from the box was that the back flexed and made a clicking sound. I would like it more with rigid plastic on the back. On the positive side the display is very sharp. Text looks great! Jerry
jwr
Paper Tape
jwr

Sorry about that lasr reply getting all munged in with your question. I'm using the K1 to post and apparently the carriage returns I used to separate my response from your question were not recognized.
Mark_Lenovo

jwr,

No worries!  Extra points for using your K1 on the forum. 

How is that experience? 

Mark

Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo