Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
mythlust

Re: Ideapad A1 - Windows 7 USB Connection

Hey pal, what if I have windows xp?? can i get usb drivers for windows xp too???

Token Ring
tinybeetle

I'm pretty sure the drivers are all the same. Try it. Worst it will do is say "driver not found".

Punch Card
ZenMasta

Cleo, yes the driver worked for me. For both USB Storage and Android development/side loading debugging etc.

Paper Tape
mfanucch

[ Edited ]

Thanks very much to tinybeetle!

Worked perfectly!

Mark

Paper Tape
mfanucch

Re: Ideapad A1 - Windows 7 USB Connection XP compatability with usb driver supplied by tinybeetle.

Hello,

Just to let everyone know, tinybeetle's usb driver solution does work on XP.  I have Windows 7 and it worked for me.  My programming development partner uses XP.  We installed that driver there and it worked great. 

Note:  Reboot system after installation.

Mark

EdT
Fanfold Paper
EdT

Re: Ideapad A1 - Windows 7 USB Connection XP compatability with usb driver supplied by tinybeetle.

I can confirm that the drivers work on Win 7 SP1 64 bit Ultimate edition too.  Some things I found:

1. You do need to reboot the system as the drivers don't appear to work automatically.

2. You need USB debugging turned on

3. If you dismount the USB connection, reconnecting the A1 does not re-mount the internal SD card. It appears from my testing that you need to have the A1 connected and powered up when the Windows 7 system boots, otherwise the connection does not work.

It is really a poor reflection on the Lenovo organisation that a reasonably new device is unable to work simply and cleanly with the Windows 7 operating system. After all, USB sticks have been working with all windows operating systems for years now, so how hard can it be to contrive a simple and reliable USB connection to the A1.

Punch Card
metroman

No problems with mine connected to my windows 7 laptop.
What's DOS?
nagalajai

Thank you , it worked

What's DOS?
jefecame

Hello. As I can see, the drivers inside A1_USB_Driver_20110816.zi​p are the same as the Windows XP Adb Drivers from the Lenovo Ideapad tablet A1 07 Support Page released on march 6, 2012: http://support.lenovo.com/es_CL/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&DocID=HT072889
This drivers are android drivers version 4 from 12/06/2010. Why can´t we use the drivers version 6 that come with the android SDK?
What's DOS?
a1jedi

What can I do if neither the A1 (no little green man) nor the PC (A1 does not show in Computer) shows the USB connection (A1's USB cable is connected to PC with Windows 7)?

Everything worked perfectly when I first got the A1.

Any help would be appreciated.