Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
JMW1293
Accepted Solution

Ideapad A1 - Windows 7 USB Connection

I attempted to connect my A1 to my 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium system...Windows complained about needing an appropriate USB driver.

Which driver is required?

Where can I download it from?

Punch Card
ZenMasta

Re: Ideapad A1 - Windows 7 USB Connection

I'm also trying to debug apps with this device. Please Lenovo, provide a driver download ASAP!

Fanfold Paper
slinky

It worked for me the second time I plugged it in.
Token Ring
tinybeetle

Someone posted links to the drivers from the Chinese site for the LePad (Exact same device as the A1). You just need to look for the link on this forum. The USB drivers from that link worked for me.
Punch Card
ZenMasta

I do remember seeing some lepad stuff but the closest thing that looked like it might have worked led me to some kind of lenovo download site in chinese so obviously I couldn't make heads or tails of what I was supposed to click.

Fanfold Paper
slinky

I was using Windows 7 64-bit. No need for Chinese drivers. I'm not sure if there was an automatic internet download but it worked the second time I plugged it in - it said that it recognized the device, showed what it was and works well.
Punch Card
ZenMasta

Well, I had searched the lenovo site the other day and serial number search was not working but this page does have one download for IdeaPad A1 tablet

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

its classified as synchronization software IN12STW145WW5.exe

After install/reboot still no help. Yes I'm certain debug mode is enabled and tried with and without usb storage on/off.

The device still shows up in Device Manager (w7 pro) with an alert icon saying device not installed/no driver selected. It shows up in the list as Other Devices>a107

Token Ring
tinybeetle

I have posted the required files at:

http://www.tinybeetle.us/A1_USB_Driver_20110816.zip

Extract that to a folder and then point windows to that folder when it does the driver search.

Tinybeetle.

Punch Card
ZenMasta

Thanks, that download worked for me.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 255
Solutions: 137

ZenMasta,

I heard from the engineering that just need to enable something related to USB. Sorry i'm not sure the exact name. I'll come back with more details.

I"m interested in the zip file. Do you mean that the driver http://www.tinybeetle.us/A1_USB_Driver_20110816.zip eventually enabled you to connect to PC USB and transfer file successfully?

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español