Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
chrispressley1

Re: Ideapad K1 - Headphone jack stopped working

Turning the power off then back on (have done twice now) yields the same error. Is this now an expensive paper weight?

Fanfold Paper
chrispressley1

I called Lenovo support again, and they told me to ship the tablet back to them for repair. I asked that, given the number of problems I've had (headphone jack not working, now the tablet won't boot at all), could they pay for the shipping. They said no.

What's DOS?
lmanpunk

[ Edited ]

I believe it is a software problem.   I updated this past weekend and now the jack no longer works. I would have expected more from the Chinese developers.  My current build is K1_A301_14_120109_US

Anyway to go back to previous build?

Fanfold Paper
chrispressley1

I wouldn't recommend a factory reset, although plenty others have done that successfully. It bricked mine though.

Paper Tape
murphyg6

[ Edited ]

This happened to me too - no icon and no sound from the headphone or speaker plugged into K1 tablet - after an update.

I will update my current build on this post tonight.

I called Lenovo and I have to ship it to them to be fixed. I have to pay shipping. There doesn't appear to be any other option ... I don't know if they fix it or send a new tablet ... ???? I'll update this board when I get it back.

Fanfold Paper
chrispressley1

[ Edited ]

I got my K1 back today, sound port now works. The note in the box indicated that they replaced the main board. I'm now reluctant to update the OS for fear of re-instroducing the same problem. 3.1 Build number K1_A301_03_03_110829_US.

Suggestions?

Paper Tape
mallardknundrum

[ Edited ]

Im thinking from the looks of how few people who have posted on this forum and from how little info there is when googleing this problem, that it happens to a very small percentage of people who purchase the K1. If it really was the board or whatever (a hardware thing, instead of a software thing) then you are probably safe to update. My headphone jack is not working so I'm just using the bluetooth and my jawbone for headphones for now. I'm going to wait till the next OS update and hope that fixes it. If not, I'm going to do a factory reset, and if that doesn't work, then I'll have to finally send it in. Good luck with your updates!

Just to be clear. If I was you I'd update it. Sure it may break it again (probably not though) but you dont really want to never update it for the rest of its life (at least I wouldn't). The sooner you break it, the less stuff you have to put back on after you send it in and get it back.  Good luck again!

Blue Screen Again
mikelew1

I am having same issue. Was hoping for better options than these. It just occurred recently. My hope is for software fix.
WWAN
mclandytm

[ Edited ]

I'd guess there are a lot of us who have updated through to the latest software level (K1_A301_14_14_120109_US), and have never had any problem with the headphone jack (yet). So I'd think it very unlikely that it is being caused by the OTA updates. Sounds to me like a design or quality problem with the headphone jacks.

Paper Tape
eguerra777

[ Edited ]
so the only solution to this anoying problem is to ship the tablet to factory to be fixed? What if I live abroad thought I bought it in the US at Best Buy?