Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
lagurto

Re: Ideapad K1 - Headphone jack stopped working

Same happenned to me. Headphone was working and suddenly stopped and sound started going out by the speakers.

I did try the factory reset.

Nothing.

Lenovo have some kind of "compatible" headphones? Anyone having them have had this problem?

Paper Tape
mallardknundrum

[ Edited ]

I found a solution!

Go to the Google Play store and download "toggleheadset2" by DDUBTECH.COM. Its free.

Here is a link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dwalkes.android.toggleheadset2&feature=search_resu...

Push the + button in the top right corner of the home screen. Make sure you are on the widgets tab (I think it should be the default tab when you push the + button) and then scroll almost all the way to the right. You are looking for a widget that says "Toggle Headset 2."  Put the widget on one of your screens and that's it. Whenever you want to use the headphones, just push the button and the sound will come out through the headset button.

The first time I made the toggle headset shortcut it asked me if I wanted to "Force audio to speaker when device starts." I checked the box and pushed ok. I assume it would work without doing that.

I am running:

Android 3.2.1

Kernel Version 2.6.36.3

Build Number K1_A301_14_14_120109_US

which on 4/25 it told me was the most up to date.

I hope that works for everyone and not just me!

Good luck!

The funny thing is, I've had this widget since January. I had installed it thinking it would fix the issue, but I couldnt find it in my app list. Thats because it was only a widget. So I've had the solution this whole time but just didnt know it. I should have read the discription better!

Blue Screen Again
gfearz

Great find mallardknundrum  !  Thanks.  This solved my problem.  Just a note, I had to restart the tablet before the widget would show up in the drawer. I was also able to solve the low volume problem (through the speakers) with this tablet using Volume+ in the Play Store.  Volume+ (Volume Boost)MELTUS. Two good solutions.  Thanks again.

Punch Card
karlgsr

Works for me too. had a little trouble getting the widget to show up.Could only add it after a reboot and then only to the true Homepage... But it WORKS !!!

I was dreading having to ship my K1 for repairs, not knowing what else might get messed up. I was using bluetooth thru a hands free FM rebroadcaster to a mp3 player with a radio. It worked too but required three devices.

Thanks
SCSI Port
krustybaguette

I 'fixed' problem with toggleheadset and it worked for a while. Now it's 'leaking' sound again. I just setup another free option from the Play Store, "SoundAbout". Had to enable wired headset detection AND set media audio to wired headset.
I don't care if the speakers ever work as long as the headset does :-) On JellyBean OS.
Thinkpad X-60 (Linux Mint 13_Maya, running VBox WinXP and Win7

Ideapad K-1 Now running Jelly Bean (kudos to Khanning and krook
What's DOS?
turf

I have the same problem and it happend when I touch the mute control <blue icon>.

Fanfold Paper
edgelvin

i also have the same problem regarding on the head phone jack.

when i insert the head phone, i heard some static something on the head phone . i dont know what to do. 

any advise?

Fanfold Paper
chrispressley1

factory reset was my solution

Fanfold Paper
edgelvin

I already did  but it doesn't work . the problem is still the same.  i still heard the static sound on my headset. 

when i check on lenovo store, the problem is headset jack/ port.  but they dont have stock. do you know where i can buy online. ?