Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
udderjuice

Is there a way to roll back the 725 update?

[ Edited ]

I have the IdeaPad K1 and I guess I got an early version that had stock Honeycomb.  Netflix was not preinstalled but I was able to download it from the Lenovo appstore no problem.

Well this morning Lenovo pushes an update to my tablet and now my stock Honeycomb has some horrible overlay.  The Standard Honeycomb icons for back, home and recent apps have been replaced with ugly white icons and I have a stupid chat bubble icon in the bottom center that opens a favorite apps wheel.  Not only is this wheel unessecary, the chat bubble icon doesn't even make any sense and is ugly and obtrusive.

I don't want any of this crap.  I want my old tablet back.  I want stock Honecomb back.  I'm assuming they flashed the bios with this update because performing a factory restore just takes me back to this new operating system.

Is there anyway to roll back to the system before this horrible update?  I want the tablet I bought not this junk.

Punch Card
jasoneisert

Re: Is there a way to roll back the 725 update?

I would have to agree the bottom dock is horrible now.  Looks out of place.  On some apps I also get interference with the bottom nav bar blocking the ability to view the bottom of some apps.

Paper Tape
bjerickson

I wish I could revert back as well, the theme is an eyesore. I rarely use my k1 for that reason. I still keep it hoping that the next update will fix it. 

I will probably sell it if they don't update soon, its a shame, its a well built device, that lenovo had to go and ruin

Fanfold Paper
udderjuice

One week and no response.  Must be because the answer is one the customer wouldn't like.  What a bunch of crap.