Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
david10225

K1 - Accessories Question

Does the Lenovo keyboard for the K1 78Y7333 come with an adapter to charge the device, or do I have to use the adapter that came with my pad, and plug it into this keyboard/docking station.

Second, is there any kind of car adapter that would charge my K1 in the vehicle.

Thanks!

SCSI Port
oetbyg

Re: K1 - Accessories Question

Regarding the car charger, not that I'm aware of. The K1 maintenance manual shows the charger putting out 20V (unloaded). I bought an inexpensive inverter (providing 120VAC) into which I plug the K1 charger. You can find inverters on ebay in the $15 range that would do the trick.

Punch Card
walter1313

The image on the website shows a charger, but that is typical Lenovo misadvertising.

The keyboard dock comes with a dongle.  You plug your stock charger into the femaie adapter, and the other end is a 3mm coax power plug with plugs into the dock.  In other words, it does NOT come with an power adapter.  You can, however, use the keyboard without needing to be plugged in - there just won't be any charging.

Token Ring
Clear_Blue_Lou

walter1313 wrote:

The image on the website shows a charger, but that is typical Lenovo misadvertising.

The keyboard dock comes with a dongle.  You plug your stock charger into the femaie adapter, and the other end is a 3mm coax power plug with plugs into the dock.  In other words, it does NOT come with an power adapter. 

FYI, the same goes for the Lenovo "Charging Dock" (basically a keyboard dock without the keyboard). No power adapter.