Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
mdsnyc

Re: K1 - Anyone get the new Google Play Store Update yet?

Strangely, my icon hasn't updated for the Google Play store, but I do seem to have gotten into the store (with its various new promotions) by entering through the Shop link in Google Play Books.  It looks a bit different than the official update I got on my phone, but that may just be because it's on a tablet.

Here's my problem.  When I try to download Google Play Movies to take advantage of the movie offerings in Google Play, it tells me that the download isn't available in my country (US).

Any able to either download Google Play Movies or figure out how to watch a movie downloaded from the Google Play store without that app?

Thanks.

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

I just installed the Google Play APK manually (3.4.7) and it's working beautifully now.

Movies are working as well...

Try installing the APK manually, that should fix the movies. Here's the link:

http://download.theandroidsoul.com/file/com.android.vending-1.apk

Punch Card
Ratheon

Thanks, that helped me :-)
Paper Tape
mdsnyc

Thanks.  I tried the apk file, which worked, and I got the full new Google Play store on my K1.  I'm still having problems with movies, though, getting messages like "There was a problem with the network [400]" or a message that the movie isn't available in my country (US).  Anyone else having that error?

Punch Card
Ratheon

I am not having this issue. Is your K1 rooted, rom from a different country, etc? Any particular movie? Can you make it through the purchase process and then having the error?
Token Ring
aleafonthewind

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention:

If your tablet is rooted Movies won't work on it. Google put that limitation in there.

Punch Card
FormerYooper

OK, so for those of you have downloaded the APK file separately and installed Google Play yourself .... please help me out & tell me this, as this Lenovo K1 is my first tablet & I don't know any better ...

When you download & install the APK file for Google Play, will it automatically REPLACE the Android Market App .... OR .... do you have to go into your tablet and delete the Android Market App?

Thanks for whatever detailed information you can provide for those of us who only have basic understanding.

Lenovo IdeaPad K1

Android version 3.2.1.  Kernel version 2.6.36.3.  Build: A301_14_14_120109_US. 

Punch Card
Ratheon

Once you install the apk, it should replace te old market. Click on the play store and it will finish the install.
Punch Card
FormerYooper

I downloaded a newer version of The Google Play Store app that was released a couple of days ago (version 3.4.7).  Those of you who have downloaded & installed the apk yourselves ... what version do you have?

I have not installed it yet.  Am a little hesistant to do this as I have never done it before.  The version of the Android Market currently on my K1 is version 1.0.28. 

Should I be so nervous about installing this thing?

IdeaPad K1

Vversion 3.2.1.  Kernel: 2.6.36.3.  Build: K1_A301_14_14_120109_US

Punch Card
lance129

thanks for the link. i finally got my android market converted to google play. :smileyhappy: