Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
aleafonthewind

Re: K1 Auto brightness issue

The issues are indeed with Android -- but they're not Google's fault. When Lenovo customized Android for their tablet they introduced some bugs that they have not been able to remove despite several system updates.

Also that disgusting white skin...urgh.

Punch Card
Whitesnake

I called Lenovo.  They don't seem to know about the Auto Brightness issue.. I guess either no one is calling or they have a terrible database for known issues.  They sent me a Fedex tag to send the unit back for repair.

Punch Card
Whitesnake

I just called Lenovo again about this issue.  I talked to a different person, and they do know about this issue, and its "Image Driver" issue.  They have to update it, and it's not downloadable, so it needs to come in for a depot repair.

Punch Card
Whitesnake

I finally got around to sending my K1 out for fixing the Auto Brightness issue.  Wish me luck!!!.....   If they do fix it, I will let you all know..

Punch Card
Whitesnake

Just received the following e-mail... Let see if they really fix it :smileyhappy:

Dear XXXX

Thank you for choosing a Lenovo Ideapad Personal Computer. We are pleased to inform you that your system has been received at the Lenovo Warranty Repair Depot and will be treated with the utmost care.  Once your system has been repaired, cleaned, and thoroughly tested, we will send you another email with a tracking number and web address so you can track the return shipment.   If you have any questions regarding the repair of your system, please feel free to call our Lenovo Warranty Support Contact Center at 1-877-4-LENOVO (1-877-453-6686)

Sincerely, 

Lenovo Warranty Support and Service Team

Punch Card
Whitesnake

[ Edited ]

2012/04/05 11:29:42

YEA!!.. I called them to see what they did.. they said they changed out the motherboard.... I hope there was an issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same issue occurs.. But we will see... I will keep you guys updated on the status... If it still happends, I will call them back to state it is not fixed :smileyhappy:...

Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for choosing a Lenovo Ideapad Personal Computer. We are pleased to inform you that your system has been successfully repaired and is on its way back to you via FEDEX. You can track the status of this shipment by visiting http://www.fedex.com and searching on the following tracking number:XXXXXXXXX.

If you have any questions regarding the repair or shipment of your system, please feel free to call our Lenovo Warranty Support Contact Center at 1-877-4-LENOVO (1-877-453-6686).

Sincerely,

Lenovo Warranty Support and Service Team

Punch Card
Whitesnake

[ Edited ]

Just got the unit back!!!... Was very excited.. but was let down!!!!

Got the package, opened it up.  Started the system up, and it had 03_03 version of the os.

I checked if the autobrightness issue was fixed, and it seemed to be fine!!..

While the unit was plugged in...

Updated 03_03 -> 04_04.. worked

Updated 04_04 -> ??_?? (what ever version)

Went to go eat dinner.

Came back. the screen was black.

Hit the power button to wake it up

swiped the screen, Black screen right after the swipe (Problem came back)

Swiped again, Black screen right after swipe.

Turned unit off.

Attempted to turn unit back on.

DEAD!!!! will not power on!!!...

Called Lenovo, got another fedex slip to send it back...

ARG!!! ... There depot service STINKS!!!

Punch Card
Whitesnake

I sent it back the unit and they changed the motherboard.  When I got it back, they wiped everything and set it to build 03.  The issue seemed to go away on build 03.  I started doing the updates it stopped working durring the process. It would not power up.   I called lenovo, and they asked be to send it back. I got it back, and they said was there were no power issues, and they reloaded the OS.  I received it back from Lenovo, and I started to do the update process, and everything was fine except the issue was back at build 14.  I called Levovo, and stated my issue.  1st call I got disconnected.  I called back and the women said it was a software issue, and said to call a 1800 number.  I called that number and It was a number for MICROSOFT!!!..  I called back a 3rd time, and they guy said to send it back,  I said all they will do is to put it back to 3 and it will not have an issue, and said they should diagnose the problem i have with build 14. He said I should stay with build 3 so it's fixed.  I said it was not acceptable.  I asked for a 2nd level support, and he said there wasn't one.  He would e-mail someone and they would get back to me..

Issue:  When the Brightness is set to Auto, and the Display time out is set to anything other then never.  If a user locks the K1 or it goes to sleep, and wants to wake it up, they are unable to.  you get  past the unlock, but then it goes back to sleep.

What's DOS?
glenndjackson

Dear Whitesnake:

I just wanted to let you know that I am avidly reading about your progress (or lack thereof--but despite that, your tenacity).

The part about Microsoft is particularly amusing.  I saw the same referral elsewhere on this board.

I re-sold my K1 because of this and related issues--but maybe moreover, I just couldn't think of anything to do with a tablet that wouldn't be a timesink.

Thanks and All Luck!

Glenn

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

whitesnake,

Oh wow.   Ok, will check into this one and I'm pretty sure engineering will want a system to look at.

Could we have a look at yours rather than going back to depot?

Can you PM me your contact information if you are willing to work with us on this?

Thanks !

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество