Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Retired Employee
NINE

Re: K1 Auto brightness issue

Hello everyone,

Was reading through the threads and i tried to reproduce the the same issue with my own tablet but unfortunately could not get the same results. Althought i did notice there was a little flickering, like it wanted to back to a blank screen about 1 sec. Not sure if it is the same. The build on my Tablet is K1_A301_04_04_111017. 

I noticed that in the threads that there are a number of users with diffrent builds facing the this issues. I'd like to discuss this further with our technical team and see if we can be done.

If possible could you guys please PM me your tablet details. The information I require can be found below.

- Android version :

- Kernel Version  : 

- Build number    :

- Type of K1 model : (WIFI only or Wifi + 3G) : 

(Infomation below can found at the centre bottom of the tablet 

- Model Name :

- S/N :

- MO :

- Full Name :

- Contact number :

- Email :

Do let me know  :-)

Than you in adv..

Regards

Punch Card
Whitesnake

[ Edited ]

Hello Nine.

When I got my system back from repair for this issue, it worked fine they reloaded the OS with build 03_03 or 04_04 (forgot which one).  If your service depot would of loaded 14_14 back on, the issue would of still been there, and they would of seen the problem again...

After I got it back, I upgraded to K1_A301_14_14_120109_US the issue came up.  So upgrade your laptop to the latest version, and you will have the issue...  I e-mailed my info to cleo s/n etc info to cleo. WIFI version only

Retired Employee
NINE

Hi Whitesnake,

Appreciate info provided. At least now this gives me a better idea of the case and see I provided further information to the respective team to see a fix can be pushed out. I'll forward all the info in this forum to the teams and hopefully I can get a response as soon as possible. 

Will let u know of the update as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Fanfold Paper
shinge1233

I get the same issue. and sent it back to depot services centre under warrnaty. By the way I don't know why we need to pay the one way shipping. This issue is a manufacturing defect... I am still waiting for the repair, and hope they can fix it.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 136

Hi,

I have a K1 and tried updating to K1_A301_04_04_111017_US and K1_A301_11_11_111025_US, however, I can't find the same issue as described here. I'll try to update to 14_14 if possible.

At the moment, NINE is awaiting feedback from engineering on this matter.

Shinge1233,
I'm not familiar with K1 warranty terms in US. As far as i know, shipping cost is borne by Lenovo for in-warranty machines which need repairs. You may want to double check the warranty term you purchased.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
shinge1233

Hi I have confirmed with the staff of Lenovo and already shipped out my defected k1 to depot services center by my own cost. I will check it again. However, if the shipping is also covered by warranty I will ask lenovo to pay me back the shipping. I am still waiting for shipping me back my k1....

Retired Employee
NINE

hi shinge1233,

Thank you for volunterring to send your tablet in. Our engineering side has confirmed the shipment and as soon they've updated me me i'll be sure to let everyone know of the update.

Regards

Fanfold Paper
shinge1233

based on the warranty statement, it is confusing:

3. Courier or Depot Service
Under Courier or Depot Service, your product will be repaired or exchanged at a designated service center, with shipping arranged by your Service Provider. You are responsible for disconnecting the product. A shipping container will be provided to you for you to return your product to a designated service center. A courier will pick up your product and deliver it to the designated service center. Following its repair or exchange, the service center will arrange the return delivery of the product to you.

4. Customer Carry-In or Mail-In Service
Under Customer Carry-In or Mail-In Service, your product will be repaired or exchanged at a designated service center, with delivery or shipping arranged by you. You are responsible to deliver or mail, as your Service Provider specifies, (prepaid by you unless specified otherwise) the product, suitably packaged to a designated location. After the product has been repaired or exchanged, it will be made available for your collection. Failure to collect the product may result in your Service Provider disposing of the product as it sees fit. For Mail-in Service, the product will be returned to you at Lenovo's expense, unless your Service Provider specifies otherwise.

Under Clause 3, the shipping should be covered. But under Clause 4, Lenovo only covers the returning expense. SO CONFUSING!

Token Ring
Clear_Blue_Lou

Sounds to me like they'll pay if you courier it to them, but you'll pay if you mail it. Strange!

Fanfold Paper
shinge1233

I just got back my K1 from depot services center. The auto brightness get a little improved. In shine area, it works but not dark area. I believe it may relate to the setting of light senor level...I don't know.   Unfornately, I get another issue now. The audio headset jack does not work. I feel very disappointted. The Lenovo does not fix the auto brightness issue but add on another issue ( audio headset jack ). I just sent it back to depot services center again, let see they can fix those or not. In this time, I don't need to pay the shipping. just return it..... I feel very unhappy to K1 be honest.