Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
JSumm

Re: K1 Auto brightness issue

Hello all,

Here is a workaround, obnoxious if you are trying to read in a dark room.

When you hit the power button to bring it out of sleep, expose it to bright

light. That seems to reset the Auto Brightness to something useful.

Remember that the power button is a sleep toggle, if you hit it a second

time immediately it will just put the machine back to sleep. The power

button has the normal "Fail to unlock" timeout and it will perform a wakeup

again after this timeout - this is the normal action for a user "Check Status

or Time" on an Android phone.

-J

Paper Tape
wart321

I've noticed the auto dim on my K1 only struggles in low-light conditions. If I wake it and the screen blacks out, I hold it up to a bright light and the screen comes up. It looks like the default low light level is too low. Should be an easy fix...
What's DOS?
glenndjackson

I am just checking in to verify the same problem on my new and fully updated K1. This is a shameful problem for a device designed for convenience and ease of use. It could not be a more aggravating and function-level problem. Lenovo: please do get on this issue quickly. Thanks, Glenn.
Token Ring
Burger

Its been that way since the start. Its an unfixable glitch. Its annoying but we have to suck it up. Last hope is the vaporware ics update. If that fails then i guess lenovo should be held up to something for a sellig a faulty product that they cant fix.
Token Ring
Burger

All thought its an easy fix just changed the dim tresholds.-somehow after several-updates the problem still exist. Alot gave up and returned the atrocious product. If you still have the option to return the k1 seriously consider it. Make a statement that we are not bega testers that they can make us so with out our consent. Im just waiting for my k1 to fail again for the 4th time before ill escalate it to consumer protection department of my country. Im just gathering evidences before i negotiate for a remey for such a atrocious of a lemon product. My k1 is less than 2 months old but vissted the service center 3x already.
Punch Card
Whitesnake

Has anyone ever CALLED lenovo and asked about this issue yet?.. If so, what was there answer?...

What's DOS?
glenndjackson

My system replicates the issue.  I'm quite curious what problems the user two entries above has had that required service three times.  I'll look forward to Lenovo correcting this brightness issue--it is rather strange not to have a patch, months later.

Glenn

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

This issue has been present since Day 1. Several threads have been made on the topic, and none of the system updates have fixed it
It is a known issue..

Token Ring
Burger

I k1 went to srvice 3x.

1. Intermittent reboots, unable to wake up randomly, unable to turn on and charge randomly. Crashing. It took several updates to finally make it bearable.

2. Micro sd door wont open.
3. Sd card reader suddenly stopped working.
What's DOS?
glenndjackson

Thank you very much for explaining.  I'm new to the forum, new to a K1, and new to tablets in general.  I have long admired Lenovo, though.  This particular machine really strikes me as a departure from their usual quality, and I appreciate your summary of problems.  Just to sympathize: I had to send mine to service immediately: despite that I knew how the micro-SD card slot works, knew that the card went in at an angle, and have been working on computers my whole life, I managed to stick the card in _above_ the slot and bury it completely in the machine.  That's my one return to service.  I think most of the difficulties I have with the tablet relate more to Android, which I think is a quite promising operating system, but one that is not yet ready for productive uses on the market.  I'm seriously considering changing out this machine for the Thinkpad tablet, which has features which remind me much more of a laptop (or desktop) system, and most of all reminds me of the X41 and X61 notebook-tablets I loved so much.

Best,

Glenn