Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
graybh

Re: [K1-ICS 4.0.3] K1 Alpha v1.5 ICS ROM

Thanks Aleafonthewind! The install went perfectly. One last question: when updates become available, can we download them OTA?

Thanks again.
Token Ring
aleafonthewind

Nope.

But since Khanning bundled CWM Recovery with CM9 you can upgrade with that and keep all your data whenever he releases a new build.

Happy to help :smileyhappy:

What's DOS?
tosten84

Hi,

since Lenovo aquired Medion last year and Medion presentet the Medion Lifetab P9516, which seems to be a clone of the K1, i was wondering if the Alpha Firmware is also working on this Modell. 

Don't kill me if im wrong in this board

Greeting from Germany

tobias

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

I don't think anyone here owns this model...

I would imagine it doesn't, though. Roms are very specific as to the device they run on.

Can't speak for that, though, since I don't own one. Although the only difference I see on the LifeTab is the Medion logo on the bottom.

Paper Tape
graybh

I don't now if anyone is reading this thread anymore, but I need some help. You out there aleafonthewind? You helped me install this wonderful ICS rom, but now I need to sell my K1 and I want to return my tablet to stock. ON xda developers I ahve found a rom by khanning that will do just that, but it looks like I need to connect to my PC via usb to do it. Obviously with this ICS Rom, usb is down. Can you help?

Thanks,

graybh

Punch Card
khanning

graybh wrote:

I don't now if anyone is reading this thread anymore, but I need some help. You out there aleafonthewind? You helped me install this wonderful ICS rom, but now I need to sell my K1 and I want to return my tablet to stock. ON xda developers I ahve found a rom by khanning that will do just that, but it looks like I need to connect to my PC via usb to do it. Obviously with this ICS Rom, usb is down. Can you help?

Thanks,

graybh

You will be connecting the device through USB while its in APX mode. USB still works fine in APX mode.

In the ICS port MTP is whats not working properly, adb still works fine. So USB is partially supported.

Paper Tape
graybh

Thanks aleafonthewind! Worked perfectly. I appreciate all of the help you have given me. Now I can sell my K1 and buy myself a sweet little Asus Transformer 300.

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

That was Khanning, he developed these ROMs : )

Anyway, enjoy your TF.

Punch Card
bammaster

Khanning is there anyway you could extract the kernel and post it as a flashable zip(given its not stock and has frequency scaling enabled). I am interested in overclocking my tablet. I am also looking to begin learning Java this summer and hopefully get to the point where I can develop a little for this tablet before my CPE classes. Anyways if you get around to this thanks. And thanks for all of your hard work on this tablet.
Token Ring
aleafonthewind

[ Edited ]

The Android platform might not be the best place to learn Java...the programming paradigms are specific to Android alone and I doubt you'll see them anywhere else.

But good luck : )