Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
bammaster

Re: [K1-ICS 4.0.3] K1 Alpha v1.5 ICS ROM

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the pointer. I am going to have an unreasonable ammount of free time so hopefully i accomplish somethins haha. And I learn Java in terms of android for my CPE 123(app developing) class so I'd be ahead. I'm going to learn the lalanguage first and then apply it.
Paper Tape
timothytim

Appears that a lot of posts have been cleared out.  Lenovo has released the S2901 which appears actually be down-featured tablet compared with the K1, except that it has ICS.  So we know what the SW folks at Lenovo have been working on.   Interesting though, if you look here http://www.lenovo.com/news/mp/en/2012/03/thinkPad-K1TabletUpgrade.html there is an announcement that ICS will be available for the K1 starting "This coming spring 2012".  Spring is over, at least in my time zone.   So Lenovo is probably thinking that if you want ICS, just "upgrade" to the S2901.  But if they continue with the current track record,  then those who buy in will probably not be able to upgrade to whatever comes after ICS.   Check the S2901 specs carefully before jumping on board.  In my opinion, the K1 is superior, even without ICS. I have been very happy with my pre-ICS K1, but will look at other brands more seriously in future purchases.  I know that I can't expect a product to keep current forever, but would expect a company like Lenovo to be at the top in providing support to keep a product current for at least 1-2 years.   I expect this post won't stay around  long but am submitting anyway.

Lenovo ThinkPad and K1 Tablet upgrade to ICS Newsflash

This coming spring 2012, Lenovo’s ThinkPad Tablet and IdeaPad Tablet K1 users will be able to upgrade to the latest Android 4.0 OS, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich. Committed to making their tablets ‘future proof’ by supporting newer releases on the Android OS, Lenovo tablets with Ice Cream Sandwich will offer new features* including but not limited to:

• A new and improved browser with a significant speed enhancement that allows users to jump to their favourite content faster and even save it for reading later in case there's no network available.
  • Voice input allows users to dictate text. As the voice input engine enters text, it underlines possible dictation errors in gray. After dictating, users can tap the underlined words to quickly replace them from a list of suggestions.
  • Face Unlock, a new screen-lock option that lets users unlock their device with their face. It takes advantage of the devices’ front-facing camera and state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to register a face during setup and then recognize it again when unlocking the device.

Users should look out for the Over-The-Air (OTA) upgrades beginning in April for IdeaPad Tablet K1 and May for ThinkPad Tablet. Visit http://shop.lenovo.com/ae/en/products/tablets shortly for more information.

* Features may vary by model and country.

SCSI Port
RAILERSWIM

I can't download the files from any of the links!!!!
SCSI Port
RAILERSWIM

I got it installed but it keeps freezing and restarting by itself, it's extremely unstable.
SCSI Port
RAILERSWIM

Nevermind I figured out why. The server the files are hosted on is complete junk and is very slow. It has crashed a couple of times. So may I suggest somebody uploads them to rapidshare or google drive.

SCSI Port
RAILERSWIM

Can someone please just freaking reply????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

State your issue.

SCSI Port
RAILERSWIM

My issue is this, evertime I flash it using the nvflash method it is extremely unstable upon boot. Sometimes it gets stuck on the CM9 boot logo, or it boots but then freezes upon a couple of taps on the screen or it just sits there and freeezes. And when it freezes it restarts and it's one long boring and irritating cycle. Unfortunately the server that host the nvflash file is a POS and is extremely slow. Can someone upload it to another server???????? I believe my problem is that the zip file is corrupted or incomplete and doesn't download all of it. There is my freaking issue!

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

[ Edited ]

I downloaded the zip and the checksum's didn't match. So it's possible the upload is corrupted. When I installed this ROM I used the CWM method, and I reccomend you do that as it gives you recovery and allows you to install zip fixes.

In any case I've downloaded and reupped the file to MediaFire. I'll post the link when it's done.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wwmg4wnsowur7r1

SCSI Port
RAILERSWIM

Yeah still doesn't check out, and tried it, it's buggy.