Support in other languages: 
WWAN
mclandytm

Re: K1-RIP

smalcom wrote:

kuteguy wrote:
Yes me too.. This is a sad end for the support and blind love I've given to a company and it's products for 15yrs
The Lenovo ethos it's far from the PRINCIPLES IBM ran the company with
P.s. Don't the k1 and a1 have the same cables? Think the a1 is better supported so hopefully accessories won't be a problem in the future

The A1 doesn't have an HDMI port, and cannot use a USB Host Cable. Not sure about the charging cable working with the K1, so I guess the only compatibility is the micro USB cable, which is a standard off-the-shelf item.

Nope, the K1 does not have a microUSB port.  All the charging, connection to PC host, and Android-as-host connections are done through the big, flat proprietary connector on the bottom (and a different cable is required for each).  The only "standard" port on the K1 is the microHDMI.  So I don't think that any of the A1/K1 accessories are compatible.

What's DOS?
AlBrown

I worked for IBM back in the 80's and Lenovo isn't anywhere near the quality of service that IBM presented. Bought this piece of junk K1 less than a week ago from Fry's (another example of horrible customer service) and plan on returning it tomorrow, less my 15% "restocking" fee. After buying screen protectors ($23) and a case ($20), it'll cost me $75 for one week of dealing with "force close" messages. And now, it won't even boot to apps because of the constant stream of force close messages. I can't even do a factory reset. They could've at least had a small reset hole or other power on button sequence. Should've spent the extra $100 and gone with the Toshiba.

Token Ring
smalcom

AlBrown wrote:

I worked for IBM back in the 80's and Lenovo isn't anywhere near the quality of service that IBM presented. Bought this piece of junk K1 less than a week ago from Fry's (another example of horrible customer service) and plan on returning it tomorrow, less my 15% "restocking" fee. After buying screen protectors ($23) and a case ($20), it'll cost me $75 for one week of dealing with "force close" messages. And now, it won't even boot to apps because of the constant stream of force close messages. I can't even do a factory reset. They could've at least had a small reset hole or other power on button sequence. Should've spent the extra $100 and gone with the Toshiba.

While the A1 is not perfect, I don't understand why the K1 seems to be such a piece of trash. The A1 is half the price of the K1, and while it doesn't have all of the features of the K1, it appears to be head and shoulders above the K1 in reliability. Did Lenovo contract out the construction of the K1 to North Korea?

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS