Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
bammaster

K1: UI Laggy and Redrawing? Rooted? Heres an optimization

[ Edited ]
If you are rooted navigate using a file manager tool such as ES File Manager to the build.prop under the system folder of the root directory. Scroll down to where it says aditional build properties and enter the following code on its own line: debug.sf.hw=1
This renders the ui with the gpu increasing the fluidity of translations and animations. I see huge improvements.
Second if you have issues with redraws where the homescreen keeps reloading when you leave an app use the following code in the same location but on a seperate line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
This forces the launcher into memory.
As always make a backup of your build.prop in case something goes wrong but mine works fine and improved performance.
This should in theory work on the A1 too but I haven't tested it on that tablet.
Punch Card
bammaster

Re: K1: UI Laggy and Redrawing? Rooted? Heres an optimization

Bump
Paper Tape
905jay

Hi thanks for the information. I have not rooted yet, and intend to do this tonight. If you get this message in time, would you mind offering a suggestion or recommendation on which rooting method works best for you?

Also, could you offer your thoughts on weather or not this would interfere /survive an OTA update?

Your guidance if possible would be appreciated. Thank you :smileyhappy:

Punch Card
bammaster

I do not believe that build.prop edits survive ota and the best root method is khannings which makes a few modifications such as vanilla(stock) honeycomb without lenovos overlays and leaves the included apps. This root method is at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-1564002.html I understand this is a ROM but it can be flashed using nvflash which is standard with tegra2 devices and will install a rooted ROM.