Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
decoder
Accepted Solution

K1: apps are forced close + can't connect to internet + can't factory reset

[ Edited ]

All of a sudden, my ideapad K1 keep poping up messages saying that **** has stopped unexpectedly and force close. 

I try to upgrade the fireware while realize there is no wifi connect (the wifi works well on my other devices).

After trying tons of method, including calling the customer service who seems cares nothing and only ask me to do a factory reset. I eventually decieded to do the most stupid fix -- factory reset while told that "com.android.setting" has stopped unexpectedly and exits. 

I try to delete the application one by one and after reboot, all the applications are still there.

So basically I can't do nothing change.

Any one has any idea how to solve the problem or how can I do a hard factory reset? Thanks in advance.

BTW: why my panel for this community is in Espanol even though I set it to English?

Paper Tape
decoder

Betreff: K1: apps are forced close + can't connect to internet + can't factory reset

Update:

I try to do a factory reset via "device admin" + "api device admin", after performing the "wiping data" and reboot nothing changed.

I try to push any random application via dab (and eclipse) while being told that "read only system". Thus I guess my tablet internal storage turns to a read only system for some unknown reason.
Token Ring
Burger

Betreff: K1: apps are forced close + can't connect to internet + can't factory reset

whats firewire? Did you mean firmware? What version of the linux kernel and android do you have so far? You need to update and update till there so more update available. I experience alot of crsshing and errors before. But i updated the system with 3 incremental updates and it was gone.

What apps ar you having error with? And the maturity of the app if its a market downloaded app?
Paper Tape
decoder

Thank you for the input.

Sorry for the typo, I meant "firmware" , or system update.

The version of kernel is 2.6.36.3, and the android version is 3.2.1.

The problem is that it can't connect to wifi. What's worse, even I tried to push an app to it, it said "readonly system". So I don't see a way to do some updating.

But I don't really want to send back to lenovo, cuz basically all my emails, notes, and some other important information are all on it with readonly.

As for the app, I guess it is because I installed "strike a match" from amazon app store last evening. The problem came this morning, but could be an automatic system update last night if any.

But the "*** has stopped unexpectedly" is for almost all system apps.

Any further suggestion? Thank you.
Token Ring
Burger

factory rese is in settings/privacy/factory reset

Paper Tape
decoder

I know, I've been trying a thousand times. When I click privacy, an error occurs and exits.

Paper Tape
decoder

Anyone knows how can I get into any other mode besides "normal" and "safemode", I would like have a try under other modes. Thank you.
Paper Tape
nole10

Hi decoder, were you ever able to fix this problem? I am having the same issue and can't even to the factory reset. I go to Settings, Privacy and I am dumped back to the home screen.

Help!

Thanks,

Donna

Paper Tape
alan_huynh18

so did u guys fix it cause i have the problem too and cant do anything but press force close.

Blue Screen Again
mcgam2000

This might help in this situation, 

As I mentioned in another post, if you start having forced closes or any other abnormal behaviour on your tablet or phone etc. shut it down completly and start it again. If that does not help go to settings and open up the applications box, and then open up "Manage applications". Choose "Running" and look at the applicatiions that are using the most memory. some of them are necessary, but others are not. If you see an application running that you never use, go back to "All" and delete the offending application. This should free up more memory, making your tablet more stable.... Hope this helps....

And if you can't shut down the tablet, let it run without charger until the battery runs down and it shuts off that way. Then charge the battery and try starting it again....

I have had my tablet since late october 2011 and have had no problems except if I try to set the brightness on auto. Just leave it on manual and go from there.