Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Nalaw

K1 crappy tablet

Dear all

I don't know if anyone of you has got the same experience as I, but I do really hope to find a solution to ending all these stupid matters.  I don't mean to cause any trouble, but I'm just too disappointed with this crap.

I bought this K1 tablet in Nov. 2011.   Just the next day I bought it, this tablet turned out to be defective, with some issues about the loudspeakers, monitor responsiveness and unexpected auto-restart of the tablet.  That was really disappointing to see those kinds of problems with a new tablet.  What made me more disappointed was that the company refused to replaced this crap with a new one. 

After more than a month of arguments between the company and me, I stopped all the arguments, and I just went to a local supporting centre for help.  They promised not to change / modify / edit anything about the tablet, and agreed that their job was only to check and report what problems it had.  But then when I received my tablet after a week, they said everything was okay as they helped me refresh the OS.  I was shocked at that.  Why on earth did they do something to the tablet? (as the Consumer Council told me not to do anything to the tablet; otherwise the tablet couldn't be replaced by a new one) But I didn't raise the issue at once, as I was too exhausted to continue.  I just want a usable tablet!!!!!!

Now, I've been using it for one month, without any big problems.  But another headache just came to me.  The lockscreen button doesn'y respond.  No matter how many times I press it, the crap still doesn't respond.  I can't be more disappointed by this crappy machine.  Can anyone tell me what happens to this company?  Why is it producing defective tablets?

Indeed, I just want to end everything about the tablet.  I don't have the energy to think about how to fix this machine.  In fact, I don't even know how to fix it.  Can anyone please help?  Am I the only one that unlucky?  If only someone could give me some help. 

Thanks

802.11n
ricochet_k1

Re: K1 crappy tablet

[ Edited ]
No offense, but I think you would have been better off with hardware running a different OS than Android. Android is going through growing pains. The same other OS's go through.

Honeycomb is certainly better than Gingerbread, but still young in general from a development standpoint.

If you are looking for refined stability, the iPad is the way to go. I would have bought one if it were't for the hefty price. Then again, I like to tinker and Android is interesting for that.

Late summer and early fall was a horrible time for Honeycomb. Things are much better since 3.2, but still far from what we all call perfect. You can either roll with it, or dump it and go in a different diection. Good Luck.
Thanks,
Ricochet_K1
K1_A301_14_14_120109_US
Paper Tape
Nalaw

Thank you

But do you think it's worth fixing it again?

It's wasted me a lot time already. I just want a usable tablet. I'm depressed by this crap for times.
Token Ring
smalcom

You are so displeased with the tablet, that I think you should just say good-bye and get another one. Android tablets are new, and there are bound to be glitches with the OS. As I am sure you are aware, it took Windows until XP to develop a truly stable OS. That said, any Android tablet is going to crash, and any Android update could cause problems for you. The best solution for you, at this point is probably an iPad.

I like my A1, and am willing to put up with its mysterious shutdowns, disappearing apps, and quirky operations, but then I only paid $199.99. The A1 is the fourth tablet I tried. Three of then either were defective, or died, and one just did not fit my needs.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
Paper Tape
Nalaw

Thanks for the reply!!!

It seems that I should really dump this crappy device.

Does that mean it is kind of common to see Adroid tablets / Lenovo's ones get these problems?

Now the lockscreen button just doesn't respond! I was speechless when I knew that. I think that has gone too far.

I mean, I am okay with some defects. After all nothing is perfect. But now I just can't stand this device when I knew the lockscreen button doesn't work.

It's ridiculous.
Token Ring
smalcom

Nalaw wrote:
Thanks for the reply!!!

It seems that I should really dump this crappy device.

Does that mean it is kind of common to see Adroid tablets / Lenovo's ones get these problems?

Now the lockscreen button just doesn't respond! I was speechless when I knew that. I think that has gone too far.

I mean, I am okay with some defects. After all nothing is perfect. But now I just can't stand this device when I knew the lockscreen button doesn't work.

It's ridiculous.

You seem to have really gotten a lemon. One tablet should not have all of these problems. Even if you buy a different brand/model you should insist that Lenovo repair this under the one-year warranty. Just keep calling and escalating your complaint. This is unacceptable behavior on Lenovo's part. I begin to wonder about any support from Lenovo. I called with two complaints, and was told I would get a call back. Never happened. Wasn't that big a problem (resolved it myself), but I wonder what would happen if I had a major problem. I can still return my A1 and I'm beginning to think I should, just don't know what I would replace it with at the $200 price point.

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
Paper Tape
Nalaw

This device has brought nothing but anger to my life.  I bought it in Nov2011, and had been finding ways to fix it during that month.  I just started using it in the mid Dec.  Now  it again brings me **bleep**.

That's ridiculous. 

I've been watching closely the ASUS MeMo one (don't remember the exact name).  It has a 7-inch screen and is equppied with a quad-core.  Most importantly, the price is a good bargin, at just around $250.  What do you say?  That's worth it?

Thanks.

Token Ring
smalcom

Nalaw wrote:

This device has brought nothing but anger to my life.  I bought it in Nov2011, and had been finding ways to fix it during that month.  I just started using it in the mid Dec.  Now  it again brings me **bleep**.

That's ridiculous. 

I've been watching closely the ASUS MeMo one (don't remember the exact name).  It has a 7-inch screen and is equppied with a quad-core.  Most importantly, the price is a good bargin, at just around $250.  What do you say?  That's worth it?

Thanks.

Found the c/net quick look. Sounds like a winner. Only drawback for someone like me is Q2 2012. I'm one of those instant gratification people. If I want it, I want it yesterday, not tomorrow. You'll need to keep a close watch on the release date. I think it's going to sell out quickly. Keep us posted. I would b interested in your impressions of it.

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS