Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
Burger

Re: K1 wakes up from Standby randomly & Camera Force Close

Just wondering if it happens when you have on separate instances have autobrighness on and off.
Fanfold Paper
Mattata

[ Edited ]

I don't use autobrightness, 'cause I almost always work on the least brightness :smileyhappy: It is enough for me and the battery lasts very long then.

@mpman

I noticed that when the mini-jack is plugged in to the tablet (headphones, jack-jack cable et.c) it takes a lot of time to him to this "random from stand-by awakening", sometimes the K1 doesn't even wakes up at all (unless of course I click the power button). Check out do you have the same issue, I really have no idea what does the plugged mini-jack have in common with waking up from stand-up, but it kinda eliminate this problem. Guess I will have to cut off the mini-jack from some cheap headphones and plug it in, it won't disturb in big way but reduce the problem and battery usage.

Please answer mpman what about your tablet and this way :smileyhappy:

And if anyone know better solution please help! :smileyhappy:

Greetz,

Mattata 

Punch Card
mpman

Tried the mini jack trick, but it still does it.

It does not do it white music is playing while the screen is off, or while charging... weird... something wakes this tablet up... but what?

Token Ring
Clear_Blue_Lou

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but ...

If I let my K1 go to sleep on its own it will wake at seemingly random times to check for e-mail, update the weather, check for app updates etc.

If I put my K1 to sleep, it seems to stay asleep until I wake it, and then it performs checks for e-mail and such.

I get it that not everyone's experiences are the same.

Fanfold Paper
Mattata

@mpman
Well then I don't really know what's going on... the mini jack trick helps a bit for me, but it still a problem... Yup, something wakes up the tablet, but I still don't know what :smileysad:

@Clear_Blue_Lou
At the beginning I also thought that maybe these random wake ups were caused by checking for email, updates etc. But I tried turning off things - I turned off email synchronization, I turned of Wifi, I even uninstalled some programs and widgets (like the weather widget). All of that without any results, it keep happening... I don't know what to uninstall or disable (if the reason is in the software of course). But maybe I overlook something, I will try again today... Thank you for your reply, if you have other ideas please write them down :smileyhappy:

If anyone has a clue, please share it! :smileyhappy:
Token Ring
Burger

defective k1? Specifically power button? Are using any case?
Fanfold Paper
Mattata

[ Edited ]

The power button cannot be defective, because I could turn on and off my tablet as well as turn the standby on and off :smileywink: It also never gets into standby by himself - I use "screen never locks up" option, and every time I leave the tablet on (even for a long time like 30 minutes or more), it never gets into standby. So as it doesn't happen both ways it cannot be a mechanical problem connected with defected power button :smileyhappy:

And yes, I use a professional case designed for 10,1 tablets with few layers etc. because I travel car a lot so I must have a mechanical protection during the travels. I don't get how could that be connected with my tablet, I don't use it when it's in case, I get the tablet out of the case and then use it, and that's when the problem exists :smileyhappy:

I think it must be software... but what?

Anyone? :smileyhappy:)

Lots of greeting,

Mattata 

Fanfold Paper
Mattata

[ Edited ]

Hello again! :smileyhappy:

I have to say that somehow this issue stops bothering me :smileyhappy:

I don't know if it happened due to Android upgrade, getting rid of some appication or just a coincidence, but my K1 doesn't waking up randomly now. Hope it will last forever! :smileyhappy:

I will try to find out what helped me with this problem, and if I'll learn something I'll let you all know, so you could also easily get rid of this stupid and annoying issue! 

But...

in case it starts again (knock knock :smileywink:), I have to ask - do someone had this problem and surely (I mean, 100% positively) knows by what it was caused? :smileyhappy:

Greetz!

Mattata 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
arifonline

@Mattata

What is your latest version after the update? I have facing this random wakeup problem since day one. After applying an update in January, my unit was dead and it took to months to get it fixed so I stopped applying updates :smileyhappy:

Fanfold Paper
Mattata

Hi, arifonline!

I checked the tablet's info and it looks like this:

Android version: 3.2.1

Kernel version: 2.6.36.3 

Somehow all works fine right now, but I'm not 100% sure if it was the update which helped me. I also un-installed and re-installed a lot of programs (one of them could cause this issue). I dunno know yet the exact cause.

Do you have an idea? :smileyhappy:

P.S. I never had a dead unit due to update or sth...

Greetz,

Mattata