Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
mpman

K1 wakes up from Standby randomly & Camera Force Close

I just bought my K1 last week from Best Buy Canada, and I updated to the latest firmware (Kernel 2.6.36.3, Build K1_A301_02_02_110930_CA).

Sometimes, when I put it on Standby via the Power button or Widget, it wakes up again after 10 seconds and shows the main Locked Screen with the date & time.  Is something Sync-inc in the background and waking it up?  I haven't yet installed anything new on it.

Also, sometimes, when I'm in the camera app, and I press the "take picture" button, it force closes.   This happens constantly if I keep trying, until I reboot.  The pictures seem to get taken/saved, but they don't show up in the gallery until I reboot.

Anyone else?

Fanfold Paper
Mattata

Re: K1 wakes up from Standby randomly & Camera Force Close

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone!

I've got the same problem. After I get my K1 tablet into stand-by mode by pressing the power button, after few second (sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes 20) it turns on and shows the locked screen (date, time, pattern to unlock). I've been trying turning on/off Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, mail synchronization - in every combination, nothing helped.

Do anyone know what can cause this problem and what's the solution?

Please help.

Mattata 

Punch Card
mpman

Wow finally someone with the same problem! :smileyhappy:

But there's still no fix for this.

I tried stopping everything, but it still does it.  I usually never leave it on standby, but turn it off completely instead.

One weird thing is, if you are charging it while it is in standby, it doesn't do it. :smileyhappy:

Token Ring
Burger

lol atleast yours wakes up from sleep. Mine doesnt wake from sleep. Lol. Wanna trade k1? Haha
Fanfold Paper
Mattata

Hello mpman :smileyhappy:

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't find a solution to this problem. Nor have I, unfortunately.

I tried stopping everything as well, all modules - Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, mail synchro, annoucements, and combinations of foregoing - without results. I also usually turn it off instead of standby, but it's sometimes inconvenient, e.g. I go to eat someting and be back in few minutes, so I have to boot the device again... It really upsets me.
I guess that maybe a process cause the waking up, but which process? And could it be stopped somehow?

I haven't been charging it on standby, I always do it after turning my tablet off. Maybe today I'll check out if this non-charging-on-stand-by happens on my tablet too.

@Burger - sorry to hear that, I hope there's a solution to your problem.

Please anyone help or have an idea why it's happening?

Mattata
Token Ring
Burger

its an issue present since the k1 came out. It can be classified as an unfixable issue since time is your proof. they havent able to fix it through numerous updates. 

Fanfold Paper
Mattata

If it was an unfixable issue everyone would have got this problem, and as I can see not everyone has it. It must be something connected with hard- or software, the question is: what is it? Can we (me an mpman, or maybe other who has also got this problem) solve this problem by ourselves by programs, updates etc. or do we need to exchange our K1 in shop?

Have anyone got non-offtopic idea?

Mattata
Token Ring
Burger

I was referring to my problem. the cannot wake from sleep  problem. We have a long thread about it here on the forum.

About your problems, maybe its an isolated thing.

Sorry if i caused you some confusion. 

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

I don't have the problem with the camera.

I do have the issue with random wakeups from sleep. It appears to be this:

When you plug in the tablet, it is supposed to wake up (and unlock if you don't have homescreen security on). Well, what I see happening is, it wakes up, goes back to sleep and then about ten minutes later unlocks (which entails it waking up again). It's almost like it's waiting for something so it can unlock, and that something takes enough time for the tab to go back to sleep again.

Does that sound like your issue?

Leaf

Secret OTA 99_99

Fanfold Paper
Mattata

[ Edited ]

@Burger - I thought you were talking about my problem. But about your issue - if nothing works maybe you just should exchange your model for new? Maybe it's hardware problem in some serie, like e.g. 1000 devises, you know, factory failure or sth.

@aleafonthewind - I haven't got the problem with camera too.

About what you described - yes, random wakeups.
Normally, it should work like this: When you use your tablet and for that or other reason you stop for a while, you click the power button. After that tablet goes into standby mode and the screen is turned off. When you come back after 30 sec/1 min/30 min etc., doesn't matter, it should STILL be in standby mode with turned off screen.
But instead of this - after clicking the power button the tablet goes into standby mode and turns off screen, but after a while (as I experienced it was from few second to few minutes) it wakes up without any particular reason.

It looked to me like something, either software stuff like process, program, update etc., or hardware stuff, like a modul, processor or other component, wakes up the tablet. But why? Still don't know and still looking for an answer.

If anyone have any clue, even if you don't use K1 but maybe you observed similar issue on smartphone, laptop, please let us know, every idea could be useful!

Greetz,

Mattata