Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
Burger

Re: K1 will not charge

Not considering returning your k1? So far you are treated poorly by support.
Fanfold Paper
jzouck

Well, this AM I was told by Lenovo via phone that the new shipping date for the adapter is now March 9th, another Friday (coincidence? the other dates were Fridays too) The shipper is to be FedEx, 2-3 day delivery. No warrenty extension possible, they said when I asked, for the second time.

Guess I'll wait until March 12-13, then pursue other remedies if I do not receive the adapter; maybe return the unit as suggested by Burger.  Any suggestions for doing so are welcome. I bought the unit at Staples in New Hampshire in January, and they will not take the unit back.

BTW, they would not agree to email me with shipping info when  the unit is shipped so I could track it (even though they insisted on my email address and phone numbers as prerequisites for warranty work.)

Token Ring
Burger

Odd. I thought customer care is there to ease the frustration and anxiety of people when something wrong with the product they bought. But in this case all customer service did to you is elevate your frustrations and anxiety.
Fanfold Paper
jzouck

Surprise (a good one): I got email yesterday saying the power adapter had been shipped, and a tracking number (FedEx), in spite of the fact that Lenovo said they could not notify me of shipment. Shipped 3/9, expected to arrive 3/13. I'll keep followers posted. BTW, FedEx second day seems to exclude weekend days, and also the day of shipment, if I am interpreting the dates properly.

Fanfold Paper
jzouck

I received the new adapter this afternoon, and it is now charging the ideapad. I'll call the problem solved if it charges fully. It took from February 22 until March 13th to resolve this, mostly due to shipping delays. That's a little less than 3 weeks, which is unsat.

Fanfold Paper
jzouck

Well, my ideapad fully charged, so it is clear the power adapter was the problem. Too bad it took almost 3 weeks to get a new one. The old one is on the way back to Lenovo via FedEx.

What's DOS?
firehotker

I have exactly the same issue with battery or my IdeaPad Tablet K1 is not charging even I've tried using USB to charge the unit. What I did was open the my unit IdeaPad Tablet K1 --follow this link on How to open the uni:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/itdojo/lenovo-ideapad-k1-teardown-easy-to-open-not-so-easy-to-servi...

yes this will void the warranty but is out of warranty any way hahahhaa.

Okay I did open the unit and from the inside I disconnect the connector from the battery to the motherboard wait for 10 second and connect it back. Then I use the USB connector to get power to my ideaPad tablet k1 with out the back cover and be careful not to shock you. I hold the unit and press the button gently and there is power.

My unit is actually charge 100% before I uncover it. It just need to reset the battery.

So I do not need to pay lenovo another warranty but I may think about it. No sticker was damage or anything.

That's all folks,

Good luck