Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
qiang_teng

K1 wireless connection failed

[ Edited ]

Recently bought K1. Followed the direction setting up wifi collection to my home router. It worked fine for a few days. Today I brought it to my office and used it during the lunch break. When I came back, the wireless collection to my home router does not work anymore, though other devices are working properly. The message from "Settings/Wireless & Networks" first showed "Obtaining IP address from ....(my router's name)", then after a few tries the message became "Disabled. Secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK".  Would appreciate it if you can help. Thanks.   Tom

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: K1 wireless connection failed

Tom,

Not sure what to advise - I've occassionaly had something similar on my K1 where it just won't connect to a network (router) that it used to connect to.   I've gone to other locations and had it discover new networks and work fine, I then went into settings and delete or "forget" my network at home.

When I return home, it re-discovers, I put in my WEP key and everything was working fine.  I think it has only done this once on my home network and I've had the system for several months.  

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество