Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
overkill2006

Lenovo A1 System update

Hello,

I just got my Lenovo A1 in the mail. It seems to be working well. I checked to see if it had any system upgrades available and it said it did. I was does anyone know what is in this system upgrade? Is if worth it? I know on some android phones especially the ones with lesser hardware systems upgrades can cause problems. If the current kernel works fine I don't want to upgrade to a new one that will cause problems. Thanks everyone!

Matt,

WWAN
pghFL

Re: Lenovo A1 System update

Hello. Sorry, you're on the wrong forum. The A1 is IdeaPad, we're ThinkPad.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 77
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 125

Note: I've moved this thread to here, Ideapad Slate board

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
DJP
Punch Card
DJP

My A1 popped a message up on Friday saying an update was available. I accepted the download and since then I have found it is difficult to connect to my home WiFi and when I do eventually get a connection it drops out every 10-15 seconds :-((

I have done a search and found a post relating to the problem, but that states the problem revolves around a non compatability issue with Belkin routers. I do NOT have a Belkin. My router is a Thompson.

Any suggestions? My laptop, printer and iPhone all connect fine and stay connected. 

Thanks in anticipation.

Punch Card
PiemJi

[ Edited ]

tap.... Settings / Wireless & Networks / Wi-Fi Settings / Advanced (from menu button)

Now you will see  2 sections...

WI-FI sleep policy (mine is set to... WHEN SCREEN TURNS OFF)
MAC address
IP address (mine says 198.168.2.4)
---------------------------------------
Use static IP (checked)
IP address (mine is set to 198.168.2.4)
Gateway (mine is set to 198.168.2.1)
Netmask (mine is set to 255.255.255.0)
DNS 1 (mine is set to 198.168.2.1)
DNS 2 (mine is left blank)

Setting up a Static IP usually resolved the repeating wifi dropout.

Punch Card
xwray

I too am interested in this subject. Is it always advisable to update to the latest firmware even if your present system is working just fine. Is there any way to find out what changes will be made before you allow the upgrade to take place?

Or, should you just leave well enough alone unless you actually have a problem that needs fixing?

thanks

*Smith & Wesson...the original point and click interface*
Paper Tape
goldpony001

Hi I was wondering, where do you find your information on the IP Address?   My wireless internet connection will comes and go and it's driving me insane.  LOL