Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
nebraskared
Accepted Solution

Moving Kindle Files From My PC

I just got an Ideapad and I want to move my own Kindle files to the Ideapad.

I cannot see a Kindle folder when I open the Ideapad in Windows Explorer.

Any advices as to how I can access the Kindle folder to move the files?

Blue Screen Again
jwmcmann

Re: Moving Kindle Files From My PC

First go to the market and install the Kindle reader. If it is not there you can download it from Amazon. Install it, provide the login information for your account. All the files on your PC are supposed to be in your account area on Amazon. You should be able to figure it out from their... 

Punch Card
nebraskared

the files I want to download are not in my Kindle account. They are .mobi files from places other than Kindle.

I want to put them on the K1 like I would put a .avi file, but there is no folder showing on the K1 for Kindle.

Punch Card
Triumph

interesting, what do you see?

Blue Screen Again
jwmcmann

Interesting. I have a Kindle directory on my local storage that is easy to find. In it are a few .mobi files. I guess you could just copy files from the pc to that directory. What I am not sure about is the question, would Kindle find them and add them to your local reading list. ok...

Using the standard directory mgmt app is there a Kindle folder?. If not you'll have to reinstall the app. Second if the K1 is not showing up as a drie tothe pc, you can install the Letools software for file synchronization. I believe that it also installs the USB drivrrs too. Reboot everything then connect the pc and k1 with the USB caable and see if the K1 is now visable as a drive. After that you should be able to navigate to the Kindle directory and copy the files.

Good Luck!
Blue Screen Again
jwmcmann

Sorry, I forgot to leave the link for Letools http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT051484 Hope this helps...
Blue Screen Again
jwmcmann

Punch Card
nebraskared

Thanks for the advice, after a reboot, the Kindle folder re appeared (???) and I was able to get all my books downloaded.