Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
rick323

My K1's wifi connection drops constantly and fails to reconnect

I don't know why but my K1's wifi connection drops constantly. The most annoying is that after the connection dropped the wifi will try to reconnect, but it failed all the time saying the network is out of range. The connection cannot be re-established even I try turning the wifi off and on again or reboot the tablet, and sometimes I need to leave the wifi off for an hour or two before it can connect again.

I've tried using 3 different routers (two 11n and one 11g) and various settings (with or without encryption, auto or specific channel, etc) and all give the same result mentioned above. The firmware is already the most updated one (13_13_HK) and there's no similar issue with my android phone and laptop. I've brought it to lenovo's service centre but they said they cannot replicate the problem.

Just wonder if anyone have similar problem and know what's causing it, as it's very annoying when you're surfing the internet or playing online games and the connection drops suddenly. Thanks in advance for any solution and helpful comments.

Token Ring
Burger

Re: My K1's wifi connection drops constantly and fails to reconnect

Wifi of the k1 is really crppy i guess we have to-live with it. When i try to-access public wifi i have to around just to find a spot where i can get a signal. Where as other people just basically sit down and can connect on the fly with going arund the wifi spot. Its really an atrocious product.
DJP
Punch Card
DJP

I have exactly the sameproblem on my A1. Someone suggested setting ip address as fixed. I did that and it seems a lot more stable. Do a search, the reply was only this week.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
rick323

Actually I've tried possibly all available settings in both the routers and the K1 (including static IP suggested by DJP and different disconnect policy settings by other users) but still could not see any improvement. Maybe it's true that I have to live with it in the meantime hoping it's not a hardware issue and will be solved in future firmware updates.

Punch Card
walter1313

The one router setting it doesn't look like you tried based on your post is the channel setting. By default most routers use "auto" channel select. Routers use a narrow band of frequncies spread over 5 or six channels. You may be experiencing some kind of interference from cordless phone, wireless alarm,etc.

Try manually setting the broadcast channel of the router, starting from 1 and see if you can find a channel that works better (not getting interference)
Ctrl-Alt-Del
rick323

I've already tried setting the channel to all from 1 to 11 but the problem persists. In fact the wifi signal is quite good when the connection could be established. It's only that the connection will not last long, and often becomes impossible to reconnect after it drops.

Punch Card
walter1313

[ Edited ]
Have you tried moving the router? I was having connection problems one time and found my plasma tv was causing some interference problems. Found out when i moved my router for another reason, and was able to duplicate it by moving it closer again.

Almost forgot ~ inteference problem was mostly occurring with the K1 because of its sucky wifi strength. Laptops et al weren't having problems.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
rick323

After reading the comments of other users here I once suspected it's caused by incompatibility of the router or bad signal quality, so I tried replacing the router and placing the K1 just next to the router but all didn't help. There is no problem with the wifi signal strength, actually I would say it is quite good when it's able to get connected.