Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
MarlenaRosie
Accepted Solution

My Lenovo K1 can't find DRIVERS on VIsta PC

Hello All,
Hoping someone can help me. I was able to connect K1 to XP netbook okay and drivers found. Now, I need to use Vista desktop but it can't find any drivers so won't connect to K1.
I have scoured Lenovo and can't find any drivers for Vista there.
Am I missing something here?
I would appreciate any help you can give me - only semi-technical.
Thanks in advance.
Marlena
WWAN
mclandytm

Re: My Lenovo K1 can't find DRIVERS on VIsta PC

MarlenaRosie wrote:
Hello All,
Hoping someone can help me. I was able to connect K1 to XP netbook okay and drivers found. Now, I need to use Vista desktop but it can't find any drivers so won't connect to K1.
I have scoured Lenovo and can't find any drivers for Vista there.
Am I missing something here?
I would appreciate any help you can give me - only semi-technical.
Thanks in advance.
Marlena

Supposedly, you should not need to install drivers on Vista or Win7, because they should already have drivers that recognize the K1 as an MTP device (Media Transfer Protocol, like an MP3 player).   This support is part of the Windows Media framework, so it does require that there is a full installation of Windows Media Player 10 or higher, especially on XP.  So if the K1 is not being recognized on Vista or Win7, there might be something wrong with the Windows Media player or framework.   About the only thing you could do is try downloading it (from the MS web site) and reinstalling it manually. 

Punch Card
MarlenaRosie

[ Edited ]

THANK YOU mclandytm!!!

My K1 is now connecting to the Vista Lenovo desktop and I am happily transferring lots of music, videos, etc. to the tablet.

When I first plug in the K1, a screen comes up asking to install drivers just as it did on the XP. I kept clicking on that option not realizing, until your VERY helpful repsonse, that Vista doesn't need to add drivers. All I had to do is click the other option which says to ignore the driver option and voila - the desktop and K1 were connected. Hopefully I might have figured this out on my own eventually, but then again maybe not. You saved me hours, if not days, of frustration.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH AGAIN.

Gratefully in Canada,

Marlena

WWAN
mclandytm

Huh, interesting that it is asking you to install drivers, then (but who knows why Windows does half the things it does). Anyway, glad that you are now "connected"