Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
hopek1hasgps

Re: New K1 owner unhappy with GPS

did another small test, walking around the blocks, seems to work showing correct location, however when i took it on the highway, it did lose gps connection for a while and the app also stopped talking .... i would for now give the gps with  navfree about 4.5 out of 10....

Punch Card
eggyolk

Yes, the GPS does work, installed Sygic Nav for trial works like a charm from Calgary to Medicine Hat.

Paper Tape
Nitehawk

I have attempted to use both these apps. Other users in the forum have mentioned them as well. However, I am still unable to get my K1 to lock on to any sattelites.
Paper Tape
Nitehawk

As this thread seems to have stalled. I was wondering if anyone was able to get the GPS to work on a K1 Ideapad that didn't work before.

I have tried to use all the apps that have been listed in this thread. I car-pooled with a coworker and while he drove, I had 40 minutes to play with the GPS. During this time, the k1 found upwards to 8 satelites, but would not attempt to get a fix on a single one.

Staples (point of purchase) only had a 15 day return policy, I would like to get my money back. As the GPS is obviously fraut with problems, I would appreciate any advise on how to return/refund my purchase dollars.

Token Ring
Burger

I seem to get faster locks when i use google map and gps status at the same time. Like there is something weird going on on how the k1 gets a lock. I need to use 2 apps both searching for a lock to get a lock.
Paper Tape
cesardangt

[ Edited ]

Hi from Peru.

My new tablet Lenovo K1 is not working properly in GPS mode. It is not possible to get any location.

1. Built version: K1_A301_14_14_120223_SG

2. Mfg date: 11/08/21

3. Model Name: 20115

4. S/N: CB100XXX60

I expect to hear good news from you about to get in service the GPS

Punch Card
Balzac_555

All,

As a baseline comment, if you have a leather protective cover with magnetic latches, make sure those magnets don't interfere with the GPS feature...

Cheers,

SCSI Port
pnrcomps

nice try but i dont have a case :smileysad:
Paper Tape
cesardangt

[ Edited ]
Today was a nice day and I try to check the GPS with this last Built version (K1_A301_14_14_120223_SG) and it starts to work.

Im going to keep this GPS on  testing for some days and I will leave my comments soon.

Saludos

Cesardangt
What's DOS?
randychan

what can we do now

still cannot use GPS:smileysad: