Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
ricochet_k1

Re: New K1 owner unhappy with GPS

Tested in latest build 111209us. Wi-fi disabled. GPS gets lock, but navigation to another location still impossible. Still broken.
Thanks,
Ricochet
The K1_Was Just A Broken Promise Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
cg101

Just updated to the latest build (111209_US) and I also have the same issue. My manufacture build date is 11/11/2011.
Punch Card
orlandotek

I am in the same boat.

My K1 says Mfg 11/08/13

GPS does not work.  Maybe for one app..but for Google maps (Navigation) or for Copilit Live, it never locks on the GPS.

Android 3.2.1

K1_A301_13_13_111209_US.

The GPS has never worked with Navigation or CoPilot.

Mapdroyd SEEMS to work...but...it might be getting my position from the network..not sure..

Token Ring
Burger

My gps doesnt work either. Only "works" with wlan on. Turning wlan gps alone doesnt work.
802.11n
ricochet_k1

JameZ,
Earlier you asked that those of us experiencing the GPS issue, where the device is able to get Satt lock, but who are unable to navigate without wi-fi enabled submit our S/N, and hardware info to you via PM.

I think many of us have done so. Can you please tell me/us what the expected outcome for this was/is?

Thanks,
Ricochet
Punch Card
Balzac_555

Hello JameZ and Happy 2012! 

Actually my K1 GPS is locking and working (but slowly) even without WiFi.  I took it for a stroll from my house to an elementary school nearby this morning.  Google maps worked accordingly in laying out the pedestrian route.  It did not do a good job in re-routing when I took a small detour.   The sky wa blue this morning and temperature was about 43 degree F.

My unit mfg date is July 15th 2011, and I have theatest build 111209_US.

On another note, I have confirmed what other people have mentioned that "True North" on many GPS apps is 90 degree off.   Another user pointed that "GPS status" app correctly points to North, while others don't.  There is an app called "Compass" that added a bug to fix True North in Honeycomb, but it did not fix it when I tried it.  Could you have the engineering team look into this for the next update?  Can Lenovo provide a calibration fix?

Cheers!

Retired Employee
JameZ

@Balzac_555,

True North issue has been escalated to engineering.

@ricichet_k1,

We are still working on it.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Punch Card
Balzac_555

...appreciate the note JameZ.
Best
What's DOS?
happyboy7

Hi,

Just bought a new K1 tablet a couple of days ago.  I took it with me to the next town from my house, turned on the GPS in the settings, and Google maps located my position exactly in less than one minute.  The tablet was not connected to any wireless network.

I was very pleased!!  Looks like they got this issue fixed.

802.11n
ricochet_k1

[ Edited ]

Sure would be nice if folks would post replies to a thread at the end or after the last post on the last page... otherwise you have to go back and dig through previous posts and pages in order to find a recent reply buried amongst earlier posts.

@happyboy7 (your reply from today on page 8) - Try putting in a destination address in and navigating to a destination with wi-fi disabled. Chances are you wont get more than a lock on your current location only... navigation is not possible for the rest of us here. I'm willing to bet you experience the same if you are 3.2.x

Thanks,
Ricochet