Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
tinybeetle

OTA Firmware files for A1

I found this on another forum.

If anyone needs the firmware files, you can find them here: http://download.lenovo.com/slates/a1/OTA

SC = Simplified Chinese

ROW = Rest of World

US = United States

So, if you need to flash your device, there are the files.The instructions below are taken from a Chinese site about flashing the device. They should get you access to flash the device to a correct country version of the FW. This "should" get A1's access to the market if they have the wrong firmware version.

==========
1. Go into power off mode.Hold "Vol-" and "power" key at the same time. You will see a logo.
2. Keep more then 10sec when logo disappearance then release keys.
3. re-process hold "vol-" and "power" keys at the same time until logo show on LCD and keep more than 1 sec. Release all keys.
4. Now you will go into ROM manager (Not fully function) from update.zip
5. Hold "vol-" when display show"Back menu button enabled" on lower location then release "vol-" key.
6. Choose "install zip form sdcard" and apply the appropriate "update.zip" from your local sdcard. The process will form volume key(moving) and power key(apply)
7. Done
==========

Paper Tape
alpha3245

Re: OTA Firmware files for A1

Dear tinybeetle

I have firmware build A107W0_A234_001_010_2375_Gr and when I follow your procedure, I get to "Android System Recover (3e)" "CL1 System Recovery utility" menu that does not provide any "update" menu choice. What am I missing?

Best Regards

Carlo

Paper Tape
alpha3245

I sorted it out by mnyself: firmware file should be rename to "update.zip". The your routine caused update to start automatically.

Cheers

Carlo

Token Ring
tinybeetle

[ Edited ]

Glad it worked for you Carlo,

Where did you find the GR firmware? Also, I'm curious as to if the German A1's have a SIM card slot and can act at phones; or is that only the Chinese A1's?

Thanks, Tinybeetle.

Paper Tape
caranthol

Hi, everyone.

It's my first message.

I bought an A1 and, because it's my first tablet, I wan't to know if the first thing I must do is installing this OTA new ROM. Can I have problems with it? Does it break the warranty?

Thank you in advance.

Token Ring
tinybeetle

Lenovo automatically updates the tablet with new Firmware versions from the Settings > About Tablets > System Updates screen.

Unless you know what you are doing you should not try to load a firmware update yourself manually. The links posted are for that purpose.

Paper Tape
caranthol

Thanks, tinybettle.

That was exactly what I wanted to hear.

Token Ring
magnus33

Just to avoid future confusion you rename the file to update and not update.zip.

Token Ring
fred_yu_job

[ Edited ]

the file name has to be: update.zip

magnus33 is worng!

When you set the windows to hide the known fileanme extension, you may be not able to see the full file's name.

i.e. when the file's name is changed to update.zip, windows may show it as update (.zip is hidden);

but this doesn't mean the file name is update, it's still update.zip

Token Ring
magnus33

[ Edited ]

Not wrong but i could have been clearer.

Windows doesn't change file downloads to different formats so what it is is what it downloads as.

Doesn't matter that windows hides the extenstions .

Renameing it before you copy it over may be needed on different os to change it to the correct type but for windows you can not change the name that way.

You need to change the name to update and not update.zip.

If you try the later when using windows it simply wont update.

Fred i understand where your coming from but for windows systems your answer was incorrect.

I see this all the time when people are use to using different OS more then windows.

Ps..forgive my typing i wearing two casts at the moment and hunt and pecking.