Support in other languages: 
802.11n
sinanju

Vote for this issue here...

[ Edited ]

Click to vote.  Link goes to code.google.com: Latest Google Maps crashes 2.3.4 on Lenovo Ideapad A1

Edit: Please add a star to the issue.  Posting "Me Too" doesn't help.

Blue Screen Again
kaede

Re: Problem with Idealpad A1 Maps App

how to make the offline navigation works? just like what advertised?
802.11n
sinanju

It's called NavDroyd.  Are you having trouble running it?

Blue Screen Again
kaede

hmm . let me try it. i only try with Navigation ( i think the google nav) it's stuck at obtaining location.

thanks anyway.
Token Ring
tinybeetle

I just tried the latest Google Maps update, released yesterday. It still does not work.

Google Maps version 6.1.1. still reboots the Lenovo A1, LePad A1. It rebooted mine after 6 seconds.

Punch Card
kingkong

Don't install the Google maps new version 6. and the A1 reboot again again.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
znhu

I have a problem with my A1 GPS which is broader than the Google Maps application. Yes, if you uninstall the Maps update then Maps will not crash, but the GPS feature still doesn't seem to work in any application that uses GPS. I have installed several basic applications from the Market, such as "GPS status" or "GPS Essentials" and each of these fail to determine the location of my device. Similraly, Navdroyd, although it does not crash, it cannot determine my location.  Please be aware that Google maps can determine your location based on your WIFI connection as well, which may lead you to believe that GPS is working when in fact it is not.   

Punch Card
PiemJi

My experience with the A1 GPS has been ok.  Using Maps 5.8 alone, with GPS on, and WiFi off, I can go outdoors and in a short while, Maps will have a blue dot showing my approx. location.  If I walk around the block or drive around the neighborhood, the blue dot follows me... suggesting that the GPS is functioning correctly.  The A1 is practically useless in the daylight but viewable in my car or outdoors in the evening.

Punch Card
kingkong

Use the GPSFix to determine the saletelle and your location.

Paper Tape
LarryDSack

I have a Idea A!.  Trying to download the NavDroyd app.  It says I have two maps and need to toake one off through map

mannager.  OK HOW Any one have any ideas???  I can't seem to get the Maps Manger to do it.