Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
krustybaguette

Re: [ROM][ICS]Ideapad K1 Official Release

Did you backup all your apk files before flashing with the new rom? If you saved them OFF the K-1 to your computer you should be able ro insrall from that location. Also, did you have apps "installed from other sources"? There should be a
check box to allow installation of apks from outside sources at Settings/Applications/Unknown Sources...allow installation of non-Market applications.
Thinkpad X-60 (Linux Mint 13_Maya, running VBox WinXP and Win7

Ideapad K-1 Now running Jelly Bean (kudos to Khanning and krook
Fanfold Paper
knex666

Re: [ROM][ICS]Ideapad K1 Official Release [HALF BAKED]

RomeoHotel wrote:

Be sure to heed the devs warnings before you throw yourself at 4.0.3, it turns your K1 into a bonified web-browser/alarm clock.  I am now re-flashing back to stock 3.2.1 until either a ROM package with 4.0.4 (Google Apps! included).  Thanks for the effort on the vanila ICS but without true Google support it's meaningless.

Like 90% of you, I bought this tab expecting Lenovo to follow through on this link, they failed.

http://www.lenovo.com/news/mp/en/2012/03/thinkPad-K1TabletUpgrade.html

Lenovo is now pissing on us and telling us that it's rain.

Hey, how do you re-flashing back to stock 3.2.1, is there any image to download anywhere?

thank you!

Paper Tape
iatgac

Re: [ROM][ICS]Ideapad K1 Official Release [HALF BAKED]

RomeoHotel wrote:

Be sure to heed the devs warnings before you throw yourself at 4.0.3, it turns your K1 into a bonified web-browser/alarm clock.  I am now re-flashing back to stock 3.2.1 until either a ROM package with 4.0.4 (Google Apps! included).  Thanks for the effort on the vanila ICS but without true Google support it's meaningless.

Like 90% of you, I bought this tab expecting Lenovo to follow through on this link, they failed.

http://www.lenovo.com/news/mp/en/2012/03/thinkPad-K1TabletUpgrade.html

Lenovo is now pissing on us and telling us that it's rain.

this is probably not the thread for this, however, i agree.  i've said it before - without any official support and without any official communication, don't expect much.

i get the feeling that this whole little side-project was either initiated by Mark, or got thrown at him to shut us all up, with limited resources. i applaud the effort and the (eventual) result, however, it's still not an official release and the whole update process is NOT something that the mass market would be comfortable with.

what they've basically done is give the developer community something they can "hack around" with, and have also given the promise of source code at a later date so that the product can be improved by the community at large.

again, nothing that the mass market in general could use. hell, 95% of them would be stuck at extracting the update package.

what they've done keeps the enthusiasts happy, and delivers the bare minimum so they can say "we have ICS on the K1!" and get some good press out of it.

Paper Tape
verybigpenguin

Besides google maps and chrome, are there other apps that do not work with this build?

Fanfold Paper
mjb32803

I came from you rooted HC 3.2.1 rom with CWM.  Did a Factory reset and reformatted /system too.

Followed your instructions and ICS installed on first try.

Like others, I am having trouble finding/installing apps from the market.  Many say not compatable with your device.

Punch Card
bakeman

It was fun trying out ics, but without full use I'm going back to hc until maybe someone like khanning figures out something better. As for google maps, this one worked just fine for me. Just set security to install from unknown sources. www.apktops.com/tag/google-maps-apk
Paper Tape
italchemy

[ Edited ]

It looks like modifying build.props isn't everything that's needed to get full compatibility from the play store. I did a line-by-line compare and replace from the HC ROM to the rooted ICS ROM, embedded the resulting build.props in the system.img, and then reimaged my K1. The tab now identifies as a Xoom (System->About Tablet) but still no joy in the play store for some apps. For what it's worth here's my modified build.props:

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=IML74K
ro.build.display.id=K1_A301_21_03_120607
ro.build.version.incremental=1339061394
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.3
ro.build.date=Thu Jun  7 17:31:06 CST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1339061466
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=samchiu
ro.build.host=samchiu-buildserver
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=Xoom
ro.product.brand=Verizon
ro.product.name=trygon
ro.product.device=stingray
ro.product.board=ventana
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=Motorola
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=tegra
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=ventana
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=ventana-user 4.0.3 IML74K 1339061394 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Lenovo/K1/K1:4.0.3/IML74K/1339061394:user/release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet
# end build properties
ro.opengles.version = 131072
wifi.interface=wlan0
ro.ethernet.interface=eth0
ro.ethernet.autoEnable=yes
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libmbm-ril.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyACM0 -i wwan0

#Audio Latency Settings
#audio.out.latency=50000
#audio.in.latency=50000

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
service.internal.enablesyslogd=n
service.internal.enableklogd=n
net.gps.cpu.lock.enable=0
ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
tf.enable=y

Punch Card
candylove

[ Edited ]

if it say not compatible with your device maybe you did not get it from the play store in the past with that account, so it is not available to download from the play store , they are compatible you just can not get it from the play store, I had a backup of my apps on my computer and they all work.

Punch Card
slgl

about that... i couldnt install drivers. my pc says there was an error installig them

Punch Card
jagoose

I'm completely disappointed when knowing all these problem about loading GApps, esp. the Play store.  We all are now in a dilemma of owning this piece of xxxx.  Fewer and fewer developers are willing to write app for HC (Even Google's own Chrome is not available on HC!), and best of all we can't download apps on this castrated rom. 

I truly wish Lenovo will put in the right resource to fix the image with proper GApp + Play support (at least give enough support to help other developers to do it), in order to fulfill her promise in marketing.  My take on this is never buy non-mainstream products again.  This kind of action is pissing off her customers and driving people away from trusting them in new products/market. 

Guess I'll keep an eye on the development and seriously consider saying farewell to K1.