Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Kilgon
Accepted Solution

Reinstalling Application Software On K1 Tablet

Hi,

I guess I did a  no no and deleted  "Documents to Go" on my tablet. I was having trouble with it opening documents that were typed directly on the tablet using the program.  I thought I would be able to delete and reload it.  Now after reinstalling it from the app store I find I have only the read version and I need to pay to get the full version that came with the K1.  Is there a way to reload the original full version without paying for it?

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

Re: Reinstalling Application Software On K1 Tablet

You can do a factory reset, which restores all the original preloaded apps. That's the only way I know of, but I bet someone else knows of a better way.

Anyway, if it comes down to it:

Privacy/Security --> Factory Data Reset

Paper Tape
Kilgon

Thanks, 

That did it.  I had only a few downloads so nothing was lost. 

Fanfold Paper
kennedyk24

Will I lose all my downloaded apps with a factory reset? I did the docs to go update in the lenovo app store and now it's not full version.. I replaced the stock launcher and a few other things and would rather not lose that..
Punch Card
GerryEgan

Frankly, I feel a little bit 'ripped off' by Lenovo.   The last critical update, caused a number of applications to stop working.  I updated all the ones I'd gotten from the Android Market but the originally installed full version of Documents to Go would no longer start up.

After a lot of back and forth and searching, I found it on Lenovo's Markeplace and so unistalled the non-working one and installed that.  It turns out that's nothing other than the free viewer from Documents to Go and now if I want full functionality back, I have to pay $14.99 to open it up.

On my Lenovo Ideapad Laptop, in the support area you can download and re-install any application that originally came on the PC.  Not so, evidently at least as far as I can find, for the K1 Tablet.

The best advice from Lenovo is to do a factory reset and get it back.  But that means hours worth of re-installing things and when I get to updating to the latest version of Android, it'll just knock it out again.  That makes no sense as a solution, since their recomended upgrades is what killed it off.

Anyone else have this problem and gotten back the original fully operational Documents to Go.  That was an attractive feature about the purchase of the K1.  I feel it's unfair of Lenovo not to make the program available in some way.

Fanfold Paper
kennedyk24

I went to the dataviz website and contacted customer support. 

They promptly emailed me the .apk file and I have a fully functioning version of Docs to go again. I too was unimpressed and didn't want to reset. The problem was a hassle but dataviz did a great job in fixing it. give that a shot.

Paper Tape
Kilgon

I really did not have any data to loose.  The other few apps I had remained along with the latest androids downloads from Lenovo.  I was surprised that I did not have to upgrade the os again.  Hope this helps.