Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
vbivona

S2110 - When will this ship?

Has anyone been able to find out when the S2110 tablet will actually begin shipping? I've ordered one 7/21, but the estimated ship date always says today's date? I tried calling lenovo, but the rep gives the same date as the web site.

What's DOS?
dundas19

Re: S2110 - When will this ship?

I also have had the same problem. They change the date everyday as the current ship date, however I got this from lenovo tonight:

Thank you for contacting Lenovo, the maker of the products for those who Do

Further to your query on the status of the order, this is to inform you that there might be an issue with the stock. we do not have the exact date of shipment as of now. However, we have escalated the issue and there should be updates in 1-2 business days. We would request you to check in 1-2 business days for better updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay.

For further questions or concerns please reply to  this email.  We will be happy  to further assist  you
Thank you for choosing  Lenovo.

Sincerely,

Abhishek Rai

Lenovo North America
websales@lenovo.com\

Since I needed this tablet for work , they have now put me in a bad situation. Seems fraudulent to keep saying that the ship date is current when they supposedly dont know when the stock will ship....

Punch Card
velomobile

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I ordered on 7/23 and received this email as it was supposed to ship today (7/28)

We apologize, but we are unable to ship one or more items on your order at this time. We anticipate shipment within 30 days of this notification. Our online order status tool displays the latest information on your order therefore a revised estimated ship date is not included in this notification.

As another note - I am not in dire need of this tablet, but do hope that it's sooner than 30 days...very excited to receive it and work with it. Seems to be no pre-release "officail" reviews, a lot of youtube videos.

I'm going to have to believe that the newly Snapdragon S4 SoC in this unit is hard to get its hands on for the amount of orders they've recieved...after all, smartphones aren't getting any less in demand either.

Serial Port
vbivona

Thanks to those that replied. I just got the same e-mail about the delayed shipment.

Punch Card
velomobile

No problem. I think those that ordred quickly of this tablet, untested and reviews may have gotten it for a very good price - but may be paying for that in our shipping time frame.

Amazon lists it as shipping between 2 - 4 weeks...so lets not hold our breath unfortunately...

Serial Port
vbivona

@velomobile:

This is my first tablet. I read some bad things about other products at xda-developers (Asus has really slow I/O problems, Acer tabs are overheating, etc.). But, right now, Asus is releasing firmware updates very quickly to solve some of their problems.

I've never had a lenovo product and I couldn't find any in-depth reviews about the S2110. I've only seen some hands-on videos that were filmed at the CES 2012 show. The price was awesome so I just took a chance.

I'm starting to get nervous. I could cancel the order and get an Asus transformer (not for this price of course).

Do you (or anyone else listening) have any experience with lenovo tabs? Are they OK? Do they provide firmware updates quickly if there are problems? Should I just relax?

Punch Card
velomobile

Ive experienced a few lenovos, as far as tablets, its hit or miss. Budget tablets have unproportionate expectations, and yes - there were a few problems with the a1, but mostly the battery.

If you look over the forums, it appears lenovo is just as slow with updates as any other manufacturer. Keep in mind, lenovo is the third largest PC man. In the world, but their tablet market is relatively new.

I took a gamble with the s2110 because of the features and price and new snapdragon s4 and the dock.

If it does not meet my expectations, I will post to sell It maybe for more than I bought it because of such a great deal.

Ymmv.

Punch Card
velomobile

My order was pushed out...again.

**sigh**

Maybe I should call them up and simply ask "why?"
Serial Port
vbivona

Mine was too. Estimated date is now 8/8.

Punch Card
velomobile

And now the website states that the 16/32 with dock or just the 32gb are shipping "after 4 weeks" Hopefully that means that the original shipment sold out and us that did order is nearly 3 weeks ago are getting ours with the dock! Good news is the user guide is online which means that they must be ready for mainstream shipment soon...