Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
skywalker28

Re: Screen doesn't rotate on new K1

My K1 takes a while to rotate.... as if it's sleeping  :smileysad:

Fanfold Paper
VinceWirth

I gave up and returned the tablet with this problem to Office Depot. They gave me another one to try. The screen rotated

as it should but the wifi would not transfer data. I returned tat one also. No questions asked and received my refund.

Office Depot stands hi in my book

Goodbye, Vince

Paper Tape
spidey9

I have the same problem. After it comes out of sleep/hibernate, my screen will not rotate. This is for all apps, and the main screen itself. It just stays in the same orientation that it was in when I last used it. 

Rebooting fixes it, but that sort of defeats the whole purpose of sleep mode.

Spidey9 

Fanfold Paper
shredzone

Same here, Build K1_A301_12_12_111220_GE.

Screen rotation stops working after a while. I don't know exactly when it happens. I have to reboot the device to make it work again. The rotation switch on the side is on unlock, however it does not change anything when I switch it.

I installed a water level app, and I found out that when the issue occurs, the bubble on the water level app stays in the center. So it seems that the screen is locked because the orientation sensor crashed.

Can anyone confirm that?

Blue Screen Again
PAVIGNON

Can you check how many apps you have open when the screen freezes?

What's DOS?
joemac

Having the same problem with my K1.  I just updated the OS to the latest and it stops rotating.  Seems to happen whenever the table goes to sleep or turns the screen off.  It def has something to do with the OS upgrade - was fine before i did the upgrade and the problem started after.  

So lots of people are experiencing this problem - oes Lenovo ever address this issue?  What do you have to do to get them to acknowledge it and at least say they are looking into it?

Punch Card
jeeab

I still have this problem... its very frustrating... does anyone have a fix?