Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
fKing

Re: Unable to change default browser

anyone figure this out? or any A1 users WITHOUT this issue?

i have tried all sorts of tricks (some suggested by the dolphin developer), but CANNOT make it the default browser...

takes me to the A1 browser every time...

Punch Card
PiemJi

if you change the launcher you get rid of the Lenovo launch widget and the globe icon at the bottom can be reassigned, removed, replaced... I am using GO Launcher EX.

Punch Card
fKing

am using the vtl launcher (since about day1).

just uninstalled it (i can re-install it later).

but how do i change what the globe icon in the lenovo launcher points to? or??

Punch Card
PiemJi

I think the Lenovo launch widget is hard coded to run the default browser.  You can reassign one of the 4 apps in the widget to run the dolphin browser but the center globe or the globe as the tools dock wont be changed.

Punch Card
fKing

it's infuriating. if i click on a link in an email (for example), the default browser opens. how ridiculous is this?

it's 2012, and i can't tell my A1 WHICH browser i want open?

bad enough we can't delete a dozen apps, whether we use them or not.

guess it's time to consider rooting this thing...

Punch Card
fKing

i've CHANGED the launcher, did that on day 1. (am using the vtl launcher).

what i can't change is the default browser.

anyone else? ideas? is anyone using dolphin hd (or another browser) and able to change the default (ie clicking on a link in email...)?

Paper Tape
konee

Yes, Yes, Yes.

I have the same problem. I thought it might just be me - it's nice to see that others are experiencing the same problem. I have tried everything possible to change the browser to Dolphin HD which is a fantastic browser. My problems are the same as many of you have stated. If you check the box in the Dolphin settings to set it as the default browser as soon as you put a check mark in the box, the original default browser opens. If I go to the applications setting for the current default browser it shows that there are no defaults set..... but yet the default browser always opens any link to the internet and I am given no option as to which browser I would like to use.

I'm not going to dump my A1 since I think it's a good tablet and I can open Dolphin whenever I want to browse the net, but it is aggrivating to have the default browser pop up whenever there's a web link in an email.

BTW - I changed the default launcher to the Go Launcher since it offers lots of options and I did have to run the Wi-Fi Analyzer app as recommended on this board. Before running that program I could only stay on the net for about 15 seconds before disconnecting. Now I have no problems..... just can't change the dang default browser.

Paper Tape
konee

Well, I just called Lenovo tech support and I don't think they ever really fully understood my problem and that I merely wanted to change the default browser. They said that it is something about the Android operating system and I should update to a newer version of Android when it comes abailable. (What a poor response.) I have tried other brands of tablets with other versions of Android.... you CAN change the default browser on all of them so the problem here is solely with the Lenovo. Oh well, despite that, I still like the tablet.

Paper Tape
azie

Sorry I'm a new user..my browser is baidu..how can I change to English? Really hope anyone can help